Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 23, 2007, 4:31 PM   #1

I just bought an S2 and am still learning how to fully use all these great options. I was looking at the EXIF data and there is a "Owner name = Cynthia Duran" and I'de like to change it. Is it a camera option or memory stick thing? I guess I could low level format it and see.
tubbytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:14 PM   #2

if you have EOS Viewer Utility installed on your computer you can plug your camera in to your computer and open the Viewer Utility program. In the option menu select Camera Settings and you can changer the Owner name there.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I don't have anything except the twain driver. The camera came with no software.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/97209 This was the closest I've come so far and too many to choose. The search there (EOS Viewer Utility) only revealed Mac software.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 5:42 AM   #4

I think you can download the EOS Viewer Utilityfrom Canon's website.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:26 AM   #5

Caboose wrote:
Quote:
I have been all over Canon's sight and it seems all that is offered is "EOS Viewer Utility Updater" and not "EOS Viewer Utility 1.X":? There are hundreds of people looking for this original utility, it isn't available online. My only hope is to find someone with the CD that came with their camera.

If someone sends me the file I'll surely make it available online!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:02 PM   #6

well you're correct it is only an updater on their website. I did some searching and came up empty also. Sorry I couldn't help more. I'll keep looking though.

Old Mar 25, 2007, 6:50 AM   #7

tubbytwo,

I did find several of Canon's EOS digital solution disk's for sale on e-bay. Prices ranged from around $4 to $13, plus shipping. Be sure and ask the seller if the disk has the file viewer utility on it because I don't think all versions of the solution disk have it. Go to the camera section and do a search for canon eos digital solution disk. if you search for file viewer utility you will come up empty.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:51 AM   #8

Thanks for your help Caboose. I guess I shouldn't be obsessed with someone elses name on my picture's data. I figured it would be a snap to download this file. Surely there must be other ways to access the camera's chip because the original Powershot disc was used. Posibly an "easier" utility to find?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:13 PM   #9
Administrator

tubbytwo wrote:
Quote:

Caboose wrote:
Quote:
I have been all over Canon's sight and it seems all that is offered is "EOS Viewer Utility Updater" and not "EOS Viewer Utility 1.X":? There are hundreds of people looking for this original utility, it isn't available online. My only hope is to find someone with the CD that came with their camera.

If someone sends me the file I'll surely make it available online!
Someone emailed me the following info:

To get zoombrowser ex (or other software) to install from the upgrades off the canon website simply add the following registry keys using regedit.

HKLMSOFTWARECanonDPP SUCCESS

HKLMSOFTWARECanonFileViewerUtility

HKLMSOFTWARECanonEOSViewerUtility

HKLMSOFTWARECanonRAW Image Task

The Update installer looks for these keys before it updates.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 12:01 PM   #10

This works!!

If when you purchased your Canon camera you also got a programme on the software CD called "Remote Capture", chances are you can add your name (as the owner of the camera) to all EXIF datas on your pictures, automatically.

1. Install "Remote Capture" from your software CD or download it from the Canon site and install.

2. Run the programme and connect your camera to your PC in the normal way.

3. Remote capture will ask "Connect camera?" click on connect.

4. Another dialog box will open called "Shooting - Remote Capture" click on "Camera(C)" then "Camera Settings" and in the new box that opens fill in your name in the "Owner's Name" area as you want it to appear in your EXIF data and click OK.

5 Now either click the "Release" button or depress the space bar to take a photo and save or delete it and your done.

6. From now on your name will be digitally written to every photograph you take!!

Thanks to Steve Randles
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote