Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:30 PM   #1

Hello All!

I am wondering which one is better choice amongst A710 Is and A570 Is?? I am just a normal Camera user.. not an expert....

This 6x Zoom inspires me alot.. but A710 is has limiation of 1gb par movie.. which looks to me a drawback..

What you guys suggest???

-Asad.
asad747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:37 AM   #2

asad747 wrote:
Quote:
Hello All!

I am wondering which one is better choice amongst A710 Is and A570 Is?? I am just a normal Camera user.. not an expert....

This 6x Zoom inspires me alot.. but A710 is has limiation of 1gb par movie.. which looks to me a drawback..

What you guys suggest???

-Asad.
It only depends on your interests, If i could get both for the same price or similar I wouldn´t hesitate tobuy the A710 for its extra 2x optical zoom and for itswider lens aperture, 1Gb movies are a limitation but it will start to record again if you press the shutter after the limit.IQ should be pretty much the same, A710 has a confirmed very good IQ but I havn´t seen muchfrom theA570. One interesting thing about the A570 is Face detection which I never tested but I think I would use. ISO 1600 is something not to take seriously since both cameras share the same sensor size. Again it´s up to you, do yo want to have more and better optical zoom or do you want more features?
flash110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:27 PM   #3

Flash

I, too, am trying to decide between A570 and A710. I do value the 6X zoom over 4x. You said you wouldprefer 710 to 570 for the same price. Well, what about indoor shots of people. They both have IS that is believed to be helpful at low lights but what about the ASA 1600. Does it really help? If all it does is light ambplification, I can do it with a software (post processing). Which one would provide less pixelated shots at low light?

Thanks in advance

Anour
Anour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:49 AM   #4

ISO 1600 is hardly usable with either camera. I own the A710 and I never go beyond ISO 400. It is a fine camera. The 1 GB video limitation isn't a real limitation for me. I always convert the A710 videos at home to the much smaller DivX format. In doing so I can glue together several clips.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 2:00 AM   #5

Thanks

Now I will buy the A710 with more confidence.

Anour
Anour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:43 AM   #6

Hi,
i am also deciding between the 710is and the 570is.
For me it doesn't matter if the camera has 4x oder 6x optical zoom. For me the quality of the photos especially the sharpness and noise are more important.
Does here the new DIGIC III has advantages over the old DIGIC II of the 710is?

Furthermore I am amazed about the different file sizes of the two cameras. I compared the photos of the

playingground.
570is: 2,81MB
710is: 4,23MB

and the Marina cafe:
570is: 2,27MB
710is: 3,37MB

Unfortunately I was not able to open the photo IMG 0020.JPG of the 570is.

Has the 570is another JPEG compression? Has this any influence on the quality?

greetings
Manu

manu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:27 AM   #7

The 710is pictures are all in Large Superfine quality, while many of the A570 pictures are listed as Large Fine mode.

That accounts for most the difference in file size.

nutzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 2:39 AM   #8

Ahh, I see. Thanks very much.
manu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:19 AM   #9

If you tend to shoot posed people shots and indoor parties a lot, I'd go for the 570 for the Digic III face detection, in-camera red-eye correction and better high ISO performance. If you tend to shoot more candid shots, scenery, wildlife, macros, etc, then I'd for the 710 for the greater zoom and macro performance.
reppans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 2:23 AM   #10

For those with interest in Raw shooting, DRI and other advanced topics, the A710 is the best choice regardless of the zoom range. While the A570 uses the more powerful Digic III processor, the Digic II of the A710 has been hacked by the Russians and what they have done is really incredible. For more details go to
http://digicanon.narod.ru/
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote