Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 4, 2007, 7:19 AM   #21

hi

Had my 710is for a couple of weeks now very happy with it here are afew ofmy best shots (im a total beginner) night shot took without tripod

are theses any good?

cheers

craig

c3ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:38 AM   #22

Bravo!!! Continue...doing so!!!

Best wishes,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:30 PM   #23

Those areextreamly impressive photo's.

I just still can not get over the flash recycle times and I really wish Canon would make one of these modelswith 4 batteries instead of two.

Decided to have my Canon A 80 repaired.

I really feel that Canon has extreamly resonable repair charges.

Just wish the view screan was a bit larger but it seems to beextreamly good camera and there are so many functions I do not even know how to use yet.

Due to the outstanding service I have received,

I would not hesitate to purchase another Canon.

Am not interested in the Fuji that was recommended to me anymore.

Thanks,

Mr. Panda
Mr.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:51 PM   #24

I just receieved my A710 the day before I went on vacation. I reviewed the manuals, and took a couple of test shots just before leaving. I took about 50 photos, including shots in a very dark environment where no flash is allowed (Sea Lion Caves), bright light, beach, cloudy, and even a photo of a whale breaching (at over 400yds). I also took one photo out of the side window of the car, while going 70mph. It was a picture of Mount Bachelor. I took the photo in "P" mode. The photo came out absolutely perfect. You would never know that I was moving at the time I took it. The photo I took of the whale (at full zoom), just barely shows the whale, but zooming in with photoshop, gave me a photo where you can see the whale, with no blurring or artifacts. I should mention that I have muscular distrophy, and constantly have minor shakes. Even at full zoom (multiple photos), all came out crystal clear.

The photos I took in the very dark caves (using mode selection of night), with no flash, came out very nice. The only thing I got was a slight blur, and that was my fault, as I was not using a good support. I took another photo at less zoom, and it was clear, and it captured my subject nicely.

I have two other cameras (nikon l3, and nikon coolpix 5400). I now prefer using this camera over both of the others. It takes excellent photos, it is easy to use, and if you are a little shaky like I am, it corrects that for you as well.

As for the flash recycle time, I have owned 5 cameras in the past 3 years, and I don't think that it is more noticable on this, than on any of my other cameras.

I would buy this camera again, anytime. And once I really learn how to use it properly, I bet I will like it even better.
harley2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:23 PM   #25

Thank you!

This is great information.

It does seem like the IS does work and works quite well.

Looks as though you have no propblems with flash recycle times either.

When I decide to get rid of my A 80, I will definately condsider this model but by that time a new version will be out.

Whould you happen to have any idea as to how long tow double A batteries last over four?

Most appreciated,

Mr. Bear
Mr.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:40 AM   #26

By the way Mr. Alex, what softwares do you use for post processing? They certainly look great. Keep up the good work. :-)
Koel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:49 PM   #27

Koel wrote:
Quote:
By the way Mr. Alex, what softwares do you use for post processing? They certainly look great. Keep up the good work. :-)
Dear Koel,

I download my photos to Picasa a free "Photo Organizer" from Goggle...the frames are from another Free photo program named "FastStone Image Viewer".

Both I can recommended...well!

Peace,

Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:01 PM   #28

alex-

Based on this thread, I went ahead and ordered an A-710IS. Well it arrived today, and I am very impressed. However, I also read today that Canon is suppossed to announce a repalcement for the G-7, the A-640, and the A-710 on 08/30. Such luck I have!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:50 AM   #29

Dear Mtclimber,

Be 100% sure that each year & half...will be new models...so...what!?

BTW...Lovely portrait!!! Bravo!!!

Peace,

Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:41 AM   #30

Alex-

Of course you are correct. That is what I have decided to do. Thus far, I have been impressed and enjoyed seeing what the A-710IS really can do.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote