Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 6, 2003, 10:18 PM   #21

It looks like light refracting into the lens to me ultraman. I used to get that effect with my SLR on certain lenses until I started using a lens hood but I don't think Canon has one available for the A70. Try to shoot with the lighting behind you when possible. This should minimize the effect.
I received my A70 a few days ago and I have yet to have that problem.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 4:29 PM   #22

thanks for the tip...

i'll try that to see how often they come out. but I do have some photos that I took indoors during the evening with the same effect, the bubbles. if someone has a filter, i'd like to know if it can eliminate the bubbles.

I think it's unrealistic to have to take 2 pictures of each shot, then blend them in photoshop everytime...and even if I get the bubbles in 1 out of 100 shots, I think it's still too often. I also have a G2 and haven't ever seen any blemishes like this.

I might be a little harsh, but I can't see why people are so high on this camera. it's got great features, but if the pictures taken can't be relied, then I guess you get what you pay for...
ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 5:47 PM   #23

Is this "buble" problem really widespread and is there any1 else complains with it?

I was planning to buy A60 and now I got confused and doubts..

I am confusing everytime time connecting this forum, anywaw :lol:
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 6:30 PM   #24

ultraman,

Even though you're taking the pictures indoors there still could be light bouncing around from the flash and entering the lens at the wrong angle causing this effect. Then again, it could be a defect in the camera. At this point, I'd say, print out some pics and take it to a camera shop (if there is one nearby) and, let them diagnose the problem.

shaunh,

I am a very happy man, I'm lovin' my A70!!! I just took a pic of my feet to see how it would look! LOL

Mark
Old Aug 7, 2003, 8:57 PM   #25

Oh man, I just got a sunpak filter set and close up set. Under 60 bux for both. Sure beats canons price. I leave my filter(s) on now pretty much full time.

The quality seems to be really good too.
I guess the next thing will be a tripod. I get to shaking sometimes during the spider shots.

Yea, now that I think about it, the only time I got the orbs in my picks is when the cam was pointing to a signifigant light source.....

I updated my pbase site a lil...... You can see the macro work under MISC.....

Shootum UP!
shaunh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:16 PM   #26

shaunh,

I love that pic with your finger over the flash, that's great!!!! The color you got is phenomenal! I am very pleased with my camera too so far. It's so easy to use even in the manual modes. I've hardly had to refer to the manual at all!!! The onscreen menus make it a breeze.

Mark
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:59 PM   #27

I wish I had more control with the flash on manual, I cant get it lower than 25%.

You can tell a huge difference between 25% and full 100% flash though.

mkoso:
Do ya got an online gallery yet?
shaunh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 2:41 PM   #28

No, no gallery yet. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with the camera seeing what it can and can't do and, haven't taken that many "real" pictures with it. I will get some pics together over the next couple of weeks though because, we're going to be doing a few things around and, there should be ample photo opportunities.

Mark
Old Aug 8, 2003, 7:54 PM   #29

I sometimes wish I could use the flash output settings on the other "mode" for the camera.

Other than that.. I'm still loving my camera
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote