Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:33 PM   #11

Here are some full resolution images of the A630.
First two wide angle shots (7,3 mm):

One at 12,6mm:

and finally two tele shots (29,2mm)

All 5 images are Raw shots made with CHDK hack and processed with Rawshooter Essentials. The camera JPGs exhibit substantially less resolution.

kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:45 AM   #12

hmm, I'm going to have to try using a different computer. Once again I can't view those images.

I get that every now and then. Some images I can view, others I can't. Are you linking your pics from a shared site or uploading them on here?
harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:14 PM   #13

harmonica wrote:
Quote:
hmm, I'm going to have to try using a different computer. Once again I can't view those images.

I get that every now and then. Some images I can view, others I can't. Are you linking your pics from a shared site or uploading them on here?
You should be able to view the images just fine. I can.. Your having some software issue. Try right clicking on his links/pictures and saving them. That might help.
yensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:19 AM   #14

All I get are tiny white boxes, but I have a web blocker. That might be doing it.

On a side note. I got my a630, and went ahead and opened it. Now I'm stuck with it. Thusfar it's performed pretty well, and I'm happy. Taking good pictures has been much easier than using my old Olympus. Hopefully I'll post some later in the sample photo section and figure everything out. I don't need to be an expert, but I'd like to be able to take solid pics the majority of the time. Thanks all.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:22 PM   #15

As I thought, the reason I saw white squares was due to an at work web-blocker. I'm using my bro's comp and I see everything just fine. Thanks for all the help. I posted a few pics of my trip to Kauffman stadium in the sports section, under "a day at the ballpark" or something.

On a side note, after all is said and done, I picked up the A630 for only $135!!:G Pretty stoked about that.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:27 PM   #16

harmonica wrote:
Quote:
On a side note, after all is said and done, I picked up the A630 for only $135!!:G Pretty stoked about that.
I almost went into shock when I got my A640 for only $130! The A640 and A630 are on clearence everywhere. Best cameras for the price right now.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:01 AM   #17

yensed wrote:
Quote:
harmonica wrote:
Quote:
I almost went into shock when I got my A640 for only $130! The A640 and A630 are on clearence everywhere. Best cameras for the price right now.
For that price I would buy two of them. On the other hand US Ebay prices do not reflect these prices:
http://photography.search.ebay.com/a...0QQsacatZ29997
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:52 AM   #18

kassandro wrote:
Quote:
yensed wrote:
Quote:
harmonica wrote:
Quote:
For that price I would buy two of them. On the other hand US Ebay prices do not reflect these prices:
http://photography.search.ebay.com/a...0QQsacatZ29997
Your probably right. That thought never once entered my mind.. I had to order it through our local retail store which had to order it from another retail store in another state. The fact I got it 2 days before I Needed it, and found out it was $170 cheaper then I thought it was totally filled me with relief and joy:lol:.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:41 AM   #19

Hi,

Just wanna share a picture taken using Macro mode on aCanon PowerShot A630, bought it 2 weeks ago and powered by Sanyo Eneloop 2000mah rechargable batteries (400 shots and still going strong).

Cheers.

wolverine77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:00 AM   #20

This camera is great! I bought it right before I went on a cruise. Here are some pics:

Taken at 70 miles per hour at a fast shutter speed:

Taken at maximum 16x zoom from the top of St. Thomas (Virgin Islands):

RoGuE1230 is offline   Reply With Quote