Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 15, 2003, 5:02 AM   #11

While you are waiting for mkoso to post pics, here are a few. Be forwarned that I am just starting to play with macro shots so they suck but it will give you an idea of what the a70 will do. One thing that is great about the a70 is that it will take add on lenses so you can get beter macro later if you like. The lens adapter is about 20$ (needed to attach any kind of lens). The two pics that say with lens in the title were taken with a used 50mm slr lens reversed (20-30$ used for a cheap one). you wil also need a macro reversal ring for about 10$ to mount the slr lens. There are other add on macro lenses that will do this too. Except for the two that say with lens, the rest were taken with the camera alone (no additional equipment). The pictures are of my #[email protected]*%^*$*@* us robotics modem that got fried by lightning a couple of nights ago.
http://www.pbase.com/richardh/circut_macro
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2003, 9:04 AM   #12

I'll see what I can do this afternoon if it's slow at work!
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2003, 3:08 PM   #13

Well, I posted a few shots. They're in the "First Pics" section.

http://gallery16902.fotopic.net/

Mark
Old Aug 15, 2003, 10:59 PM   #14

Well, what did you think?

Mark
Old Aug 15, 2003, 11:28 PM   #15

aye sorry Mark, been a busy day. Had a crowd here earlier (gf's parents wanting to see if I really exist and really work on computers heh) when I was looking at them.

They look like what I need. I can read the pcb board prints perfectly.

Now...here's another question (as I am very satisfied with the quality of pics it takes!):

does it have enough documentation to make me not an idiot? Like how to set the camera for different scenes I want to shoot?

Or is that something that I can learn from other members (and forum posts) here?
Angry_Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2003, 8:33 AM   #16

Sorry, didn't mean to get on you about the pic, I just wanted to be sure you saw them.
As far as the documentation goes, it's very good. The camera itself seems very straight forward and I only had to refer to the manual a couple of times. Actually if you want, the entire amnual is online for viewing or download.

http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/...60A70_CUGe.pdf

Mark
Old Aug 16, 2003, 9:00 AM   #17

"As far as the documentation goes, it's very good. The camera itself seems very straight forward and I only had to refer to the manual a couple of times. Actually if you want, the entire amnual is online for viewing or download. "

Yeah, I've barely opened my manual. I had a point and shoot Oly back in 2002, and then I worked with a film SLR (SRT 101) for about 3 or 4 months.

With the combined knowedge of those two cameras, the extreeme ease of use of the A70, and my own techincal savy, I was able to just turn on the camera and shoot. Granted, the first day's pics were terrible, but I figured it out. I did glance through the manual one day, and picked up one important feature that I had missed. That being that the manual focus button can be used as a focus lock. That increased my photo's qaulity dramatically, and decreased my frustration porportionally .
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote