Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 11, 2003, 12:43 AM   #1

Default A60 clicking noise

Hey guys, stumbled on this site by accident, but it's seems like my kind of place.

Anyway, I've had my Canon A60 for 3-4 weeks now and love it, but...

If I zoom in, then zoom back out or turn it off (so the lens retracts), I hear a single click from inside the camera. It doesn't necessarily sound malignant, but is enough to concern me. I didn't notice it when I first got the camera, but I could have missed it and I can't think of anything I have done that might have damaged it.

Also, just this night while taking a shot in macro mode, I noticed that there was a very, very soft clicking noise 1-2 times a second from the camera.

So, the question is: has anyone else noticed either of these with their A40/60/70 or is it something I might want to have checked out? I haven't had any problems with zooming, focusing, or shooting.

Thanks a lot!
iamlucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2003, 1:49 PM   #2
kex

I read about that clicking sound in another, earlier topic here on the forum. that's why I actually came here.
And it turned out to be normal. Everybody seems to have it. It's just a mechanical process. Nothing to worry about
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2003, 9:57 PM   #3

Hi,

How do you like the A60s? Like, can you take pictures for a full day w/ the LCD on? I'm also curious about the ease-of-use and picture quality. Could a newcomer learn the basics in 1 or 2 minues?
jakerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:57 AM   #4

Glad it's not just me with the clicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerome
Hi,

How do you like the A60s? Like, can you take pictures for a full day w/ the LCD on? I'm also curious about the ease-of-use and picture quality. Could a newcomer learn the basics in 1 or 2 minues?
Well jakerome, the A60 has been awesome so far. It's my first digicam, so I don't have a lot of experience, but it has everything I was hoping for, except action shots take some getting used to. The user's manual, while thick, is well laid out so you can find what you want. Better yet, the basic features of the camera are so intuitive, you don't even need the manual to get started.

As for shooting all day, I charged my batteries right before going a a several day long trip and have taken 150+ shots and a few video clips, using the LCD for all of them, and haven't had to recharge yet. It's supposed to be good for 200-300 pictures on a decent set of batteries.

I couldn't tell you whether or not it's the absolute best in the price range, but it is definitely in the running.
iamlucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 11:00 AM   #5

Quote:
I read about that clicking sound in another, earlier topic here on the forum. that's why I actually came here.
And it turned out to be normal. Everybody seems to have it. It's just a mechanical process. Nothing to worry about

Man, is very good to know about this.

I also have the same clicking noise with my A60. I just order it yesterday and i was very worry when i heard that sound for first time. It seems to be when the focus is working.

Have you sure that is normal? Anyone else have the same problem?

Anybody have a A60 WITHOUT this "problem" ??
AS3DSTUDIO is offline   Reply With Quote