Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:14 PM   #1

I just sent my S70 in for repair (The door broke after light use.). They replaced it with an SD500. Is this an equitable trade? I am not happy for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that the SD500 uses a different kind of memory and I'll need to purchase new now. I also compared stats and the numbers look like this is a downgrade...slightly.

Am I right, or is this a trade up in quality for me? I'm not a power user, but I definitely want to be treated fairly. I'd appreciate any advice before I make a claim to Canon that is unjustified.

-Chris
cm_wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:56 AM   #2

An SD500 for an S70 seems to be an odd substitute. I have an old S30 (so I am somewhat familiar with your S70) and I also have an SD500. The main difference is that you don't have all the manual controls of your S70. On the other hand the SD500 is a great size for carrying everywhere. I still use mine a lot, and have not felt the need for upgrading to an SD 850 yet.
outpost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the message! I called Canon, and they are going to replace the replacement. It's not even close, and they were very apologetic. I wish I'd done more research before I called, because they asked what I wanted. Oh well, they're going to ask again before sending one, so I can research ita little.

If anyone has suggestions, I wouldn't mind hearing them.

-Chris
cm_wright is offline   Reply With Quote