Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 24, 2007, 3:13 AM   #1

My 5D will revert back to all default settings (turns on focus beep, back to ISO 100, exposure settings) after between one to three shots. Not sure of a better way to explain it than that. So if you are taking a shot at 320ISO and shooting a stop under and you take your shot sometimes it will revert the camera back to all the standard settings, so back to 100ISO and default exposure. It will take the one shot at that setting then revert for subsiquent shots to the default settings. It used to be semi intermittent but has now become a constant issue and I'm not sure what to do about it.

The camera is more than a year old and out of canon's warrenty, it's running the latest firmware 1.1.0.0, has fresh batteries and I even changed the date battery (small watch batter that's supposed to last 5 years). It does it with or without a compact flash card, with or without a lens. The settings have been reverted both by clearning them from the menu and removing both batteries for a sufficient amount of time.

Here is one strange anomoly though, when you set the ISO, and it reverts back to 100 for the shot, the shot is taken as 100iso and can be verified both in the camera info (pushing the info button) and in the EXIF data, however when you push the info button to get the cameras current settings, it reads the ISO you set it to (400 or whatever) while when you go to set it, it shows up what it is actually shooting (100iso)

My question I suppose is, Has any body seen or heard of this and
is there a fix in that case? Otherwise, how much is a repair like this going to cost and about how much time will I be out my camera, I have a wedding to shoot soon and will need it if I can set the features or not.
jjamesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2007, 3:14 AM   #2

Or if there is a better forum I could search to find more technical information, I do understand that the primary objective of this site is camera reviews.
jjamesb is offline   Reply With Quote