Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 20, 2002, 9:34 PM   #1

Default what do you dislike about the G2?

I'm considering getting a G2 and most of the reviews are generally positive. But my general rule of thumb is to look at the negative reviews and understand what problems there are.

I've seen something about a firmware issue on another posting but I'd like to know what people who are generally positive about the camera don't like about it? What are the little 'bugaboos' that make it less than perfect?

thanks in advance...

bear
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2002, 12:23 AM   #2

Default G2 Dislikes (there are

Hmmmm... The shuller lag is occasionally bothersome, especially if you are shooting children.
The lens cap is a bit el cheapo for a $800 camera, with the felt lining easily torn with normal usage.
However, I am really nitpicking here, as this machine really performs outstandingly in most if not all of my shooting situations, even in light rain (not recommended by Canon). Panorama mode is useful, especially if you enoy scenery/nature photography.
Best investment I have ever made in a camera, as it got me totally hooked on photography. I hate you Canon ...just kidding :-P
Rich N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2002, 7:47 AM   #3

My pick for annoying thing is the process for adding lenses:
- first you have to remove a ring and find a place to store it; keep in mind that without this ring you cannot put the cap back on.
- then you have to screw in the lens, which is never easy but given that in this case we are talking plastic-on-plastic screws it is even more delicate
- if you want to change from a telephoto multiplier you have not only to unscrew the telephoto assembly from the camera, but also the ring adaptor from one to lens to put in another
- then when you want to close the camera you have to do the whole process again in inverse order.

It would help a lot if there was some kind of snap-on lens adaptor,one that could still let you put the lens back on.

http://www.mmartins.com/gallery
mmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2002, 3:18 PM   #4

Default thanks

i just got a black G2 on Wednesday - so far I'm impressed...

thanks for the feedback
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote