Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:36 AM   #1

I was wondering: has anybody encountered a review from this (great) Camera..

And, i know that it's really alike the 710 IS but i have to know if the red-eye-problem (a problem that faces many powershot digicams) has been solved.

Greets

HAns
elninosoldado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Administrator

Good News we have just received the 720IS for review and hope to have our

impressions posted by the end of next week or so. Please keep an eye out on our main page for the review.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:50 AM   #3

i am very happy when i see new cameras from canon... i will buy a720is..

few months ago i wanted to buy canon a710is but there's no FACE DETECTION, this new model a720is have FACE DETECTION, and now i will buy camera... and another great thing of this model is that is low(small or cheap) price in my country costs only 1700 kuna = 220 euro = 230-240 dollars.. is cheap low price for that quality!!a710 still have bigger price!!! :??:??

a720is also have DIGIC 3 chip(a710is have digic 2 ),, zoom 6x, lcd is 115000 (hmm is not bad lcd but they can do it better, but when you look price is very good) battery 4 nimh batteries ( i like nimh batteries couse that batteries is small price and cameras with that batteries can capture more phots than with li-ion canon 950is) whit nimh batteries a720 can capture Approx 400 shots(NB3AH), Flash is great like on all canon cameras, (i perfere onlyCANON and Sony , but new sony cameras have weak flash, canon is better choice for indoor photos, and canon is my number 1 sony is number 2 choice)... absolute fantastic camera for very low price.. :-D

p.s. sorry on my bad english

nesisdiove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:21 AM   #4

waiting for steves opinion in review
nesisdiove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:57 AM   #5

Just received the A630. My feelings towards it are mixed especially after I read the specs of the 720is. The 720 has all the bells and whistles that the 630 needs (Image Stabilization, next genalgorithms,and face recognition for starters) The only drawback that I see is the smaller CCD size of the 720. Are the bells and whistles worth dropping down to a smaller CCD size? I am new to the Canon scene and in need of an informed opinion regarding a comparison between these two cameras in regards to CCD size and how it relates to image quality. As of yet I have found nothing on the net in the form of a comparison between these two models. Which camera is more flexible? I like using Auto settings for situations that are unpredictable and manual setttings for more controlled situations. The closest I have found are comparisons between the 710 and the 720. Anyhow, I have till the 27th to RMA this 630 if I desire to do so. Would love to purchase to the A650 but the price is sorta high. Thanks in advance for any advice.
rotartiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:43 PM   #6

A720IS seems to be a nice little camera. I'm waiting for the review
-=AgV=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:55 AM   #7

Me to! Steve there are a lot of people waiting for your review?-=AgV=- wrote:
Quote:
A720IS seems to be a nice little camera. I'm waiting for the review
stuart5936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:16 PM   #8

I was thinking about purchasing the A720is also. I have the A700 and really want the IS and a little better quality. I really doubt that the red-eye problem is gone. Everytime the flash is this close to the lens, you will get red-eye. There's nothing you can do about it besides pre-flashes and such and editing later. You won't see the red-eye effect disappearing anytime soon on any compact camera. What bothers me more is thre ridiculously long flash recycle time. It has ruined many a shot for me. This is why I am now looking at the A650is. It has everything the A720is has,a bigger sensor (so hopefully better image quality) and four batteries which will hopefully reduce recycle time. Yes, it's nearly a $100 more, but I think for me, the A650is will be the ideal camera to take everywhere. I hope Steve will have a review on thatone soon too.

Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:30 PM   #9

Come on Steve, we are dying for your review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:48 PM   #10

Every day the web contains more and more A720IS photos and user reviews showing that it is one excellent camera. I'm sure that Steve's review will be overwhelmingly positive.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote