Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:05 AM   #1

Default dots in photo

Took this at mates place tonight and noticed there was 7 various sized dots in the picture has anyone come across this before with a A70?

Clayton
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:34 AM   #2

Yup, they are dust or dried water spots on your lens. If you take a lens cleaner cloth, your problem should go away.

Btw, is that a standard poodle? I've got one.

Tom
Thomas Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 11:51 AM   #3

From your photo it looks like you were shooting into the light. A lot of times what will happen is, this light will come into the camera lens and bounce around causing the effect you see. It's just one of those things that happens. There's probably nothing wrong with your camera.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 8:07 PM   #4

maybe the dog was just drunk...

j/k, I had that happen on my a70, luckily it broke and I got a new a70 and it hasn't happened since. although I haven't tried shooting against a light. by reading people's experiences with the camera, I'm sure I'll be seeing them again.
ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 8:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Davie
Yup, they are dust or dried water spots on your lens. If you take a lens cleaner cloth, your problem should go away.

Btw, is that a standard poodle? I've got one.

Tom
Wrong it wasnt dirty that was one of 100 photo's i took last night and the only one effected.

I think it is a standard poodle im not sure i know it likes to bite your feet if you take your shoes off
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 9:02 PM   #6

Then length of exposure can effect if the dirt is visible or not. It's so easy to clean the lens, I would do that.

The guess about lens flare (the light from a source which is in front of the shooter bouncing around in all the glass in the lens) isn't right, I don't think. Any flare I'v eseen appears as multiple rings in a line towards the light source. What you got is too random for that (unless that is one funky lens design?)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote