Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:36 PM   #1

Hi, I bought a Canon 570 IS for school. It came with an ATP 2G 80X SD card. The camera seems to be kind of slow btwn shots. I've had many digital cameras, this seems unusual. Canon's are typically very good in that respect.
NOTE: I reread Steve's review, the time btwn shots really isn't too out of line with what he has. Seem slow though for some reason.

Do you think if I got a faster SD card (say 133X), it would make it quicker btwn shots?

Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT
Joe-1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:44 PM   #2

After reading about the S2 IS (which I own and have used extensively), I think it's just a matter of not noticing it on the S2 cause the times are pretty similar. I almost never use the LCD on the S2 and I've never noticed the blackout of the EVF. I guess with such a large LCD as the 57o has, at least in comparison to the S2, it's more obvious when it blacks out.

Joe

Joe-1957 wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I bought a Canon 570 IS for school. It came with an ATP 2G 80X SD card. The camera seems to be kind of slow btwn shots. I've had many digital cameras, this seems unusual. Canon's are typically very good in that respect.
NOTE: I reread Steve's review, the time btwn shots really isn't too out of line with what he has. Seem slow though for some reason.

Do you think if I got a faster SD card (say 133X), it would make it quicker btwn shots?

Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT
Joe-1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:21 PM   #3

Are you using flash? a lot of the A series have slow flash recharge. Probably due to it using AA alkaline batteries, and charging a flash uses a lot of power, which alkaline batteries do not provide. But I still prefer the convenience of AA batteries (option to use AA NiMH rechargeables) over the more expensive li-ion and hard to find Li-Ion kind.

I personally don't use flash much myself (increase ISO for low-light for more natural lighting.)
whyzor is offline   Reply With Quote