Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:42 AM   #1

Has anybody heard anything?

Also, because companies similar to Canon, keep an eye on forums, I would like to say something.

The Canon TX1 is really, the little camera that could have, taken the market by storm. If only they had low noise and high latitude (esp in the video mode) in an lovely to handle case.

Here's hoping that the next TX2 camera can be the above, with 50fps, 10bit 50Mb/s+ Mpeg2/H264 Intra/Jpeg2/Cineform wavelet codec, with internal and external manual control, with pro cameras having higher data rates and color formats.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:10 PM   #2

I amwaiting myself. Small camera with 10x zoom that records in 720p, just improve a few things and I am sold. I currently have HD1000 and while it's good enough, I would prefer something smaller.
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:29 PM   #3

I think there is an reluctance to offer still cameras with equivalent quality video. There is not even an professional quality digital SLR camera with professional quality video.

My hopes for an TX2 might be an bit ambitious, but top end still cameras should already have this quality. I mean, it is versatile to be able to do both in the same camera, and not many people are going to say hold it let me go to the car and get my 20KG Shoulder cam for an minute, for an few seconds, and then carry both around. When in one, you can have video on frame fro that ands snap what you want, or do stills and change to video something.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote