Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 27, 2003, 3:24 AM   #1

Default How to clean the LCD of an A70

Hello!

I have a question: With what may i clean the LCD display of my A70. It has now a lot of greasy spots(i think...). They appear as white spots on the surface and blocks my view a little. I sweat a lot when it is hot weather.

I bought a microfiber and i tried with that and a little water, but didn't work. I put some soap also. I do not know what substances i can use, i was afraid to use a fat remover, because i do not know if i will damage the antireflex layer if it has one.

Could you help me, please? Thankx.
scuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2003, 1:30 AM   #2

Familiar with Amway LOC (Liquid Organic Cleaner)?
If you are, obtain a bottle. I use it for all sorts of light cleaning jobs in the home. It's a useful product for the household.

Soak a small lintfree towel in the LOC solution and squeeze it almost dry, then carefully wipe the LCD and the camera body altogether if needed.
I would advise you to buy a micro thin film protector, similar to those used in PDA's as the LCD scratches easily.
bslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 1:46 PM   #3

A piece of basic clear tape (Scotch e.g.) should do the trick for you. Just place the tape to the lcd rub it carefully and take it away. It will take all the grease with it. Do it only after you have wiped the lcd with the microfiber.
bassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 4:59 PM   #4

Default I use a glass cleaner

I use an amonia free glass cleaner. There are several brands.

Where did I come up with the term amonia free? Simple, every time I get my glasses fixed at my eyeglass store, they clean them. One day I asked them what they clean their glasses with and that's what they told me.

I also use it on my lenses. I used to use an old Minolta SRT 101. I bought a few lenses for it on Ebay and learned that a lens tisue with some glass cleaner really does the trick.

I believe ammonia free is used to keep the glass streak free.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2003, 5:36 AM   #5

Thank you for your help! I will choose one of your solutions.

One more question please: the LCD is similar to the computer display? Does it have a protective antireflex layer?

Thankx
scuby is offline   Reply With Quote