Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1

I just purchased a powershot G9 and have been reading about the "Light Leak" issues. I've seen two different definitions of what a "Light Leak" is. The first is a light green spot at the lower right hand corner of the LCD that you notice when the screen is blank but powered on. (doesn't appear to be that big of a deal to me)

The second is a problem where the LCD allows outside light to leak through somewhere and affect your pictures.

I have noticed my G9 has the light green spot at the lower corner of the LCD but i don't see any issues with pictures... Does anyone know if the problem I have will get worse over time or if its just a problem with their lcd design and won't effect anything?

Thanks!
jdparsons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:54 AM   #2

I just received my G9 today and it has the same issue. It is pretty minor compared to some but I was wondering the same thing. Will it get worse? I would hate to return it and get one that is worse than this. I have taken a bunch of pics already and it doesn't affect image quality but it still bothers me.
AntMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:33 PM   #3

Slightly off topic, but man, Canon is really having some issues lately. First, the on-going E18 error which Canon still doesn't fix for free outside the warranty period. Then the A650is light leak, and now the G9 has a light leak also? Don't get me wrong, all my equipment is Canon and I keep buying Canon P&S's even though I have had the E18 issue, but still, how about some quality control...
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:05 AM   #4

Some issues they will not even acknowledge!
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...80&forum_id=15
FEDEXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:30 PM   #5

So does anyone know about this issues with the G9 and if this is a big problem and something i should return it for?
jdparsons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 4:07 PM   #6

Where is the G9 made? In China or in Japan?
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote