Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 9, 2007, 3:04 PM   #1

i just recently bought an a570is and put in freshly charged 2800 mah batteries. i started using the camera and after only about 15 pictures the flashing low battery icon started flashing. any idea what could be wrong?:? i've already tried 2 other sets of batteries.
kasjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2

I just recently bought and returned 2 a570IS cameras for that reason. I thought I was going crazy. I called Canon and they were no help. They said they have no issues with low battery on A570IS yet if go on their website in the area of FAQ's on A570, one of the most frequently asked questions is about low battery warning. Canon is hiding something. They said I could send it in for service but why would I do that for a camera that is 2 days old. I just returned it...Twice! It is a shame because I do like the feature set on the camera.
Do a google search about this problem and you will see it is widespread. Also look at the threads about it here www.dpreview.com
I hope you find more of an answer than I did. I also had one hot pixel on the CCD.
FEDEXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 9:53 PM   #3

I've heard there's an issue closing the battery door tight enough to ensure there's a good contact between battery and camera.
skshrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:45 AM   #4

I tried every permutation of closing the door and it was still a persistent problem. There are some defects out there for sure.
FEDEXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:58 PM   #5

i've had the camera for 2 months now, and same issue.. yet i didnt let it bother me. i knew it was an issue from day 1 .. i just let it be, its not like the batteries do die. its annoying yes, but im still able to take 400 pics on a full charge no problem.. seem to last forever before i recharge my 2500 batteries.

too many pros with this camera to let that issue get to you imho.
pbosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:07 PM   #6

i've recently purchased some new duracell 2650 rechargables and have not had a problem with them. hopefully that will take care of the problem. i could still take pictures after the low battery icon came on but it was annoying and had to be using power to light it up
kasjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:45 AM   #7

I just bought the A570 IS this weekend.

#1 - there is something wrong with the sensor as there is a few pixels missing in every picture, especially in darker ones. I see red pixels in the same place every shot.

#2 - The battery indicator came on quite quickly even when my batteries are new. I also have a battery tester so they were good.

I'm bringing the camera back for exchange, if the other one is the same, I might opt for something else.

I'm a bit disapointed in Canon as I have the A95 and the only downsdide of that camera is the obvious purple fringing.
Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:24 AM   #8

Default I think I've fixed it

I've been having this problem for a while. I even gave up using it and have bought all sorts of batteries and chargers.

Today I replaced the little CR1220 backup battery.

OMG, no more battery level warning on nice new batteries. I hope this works for everyone else
mrpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:32 PM   #9

Default Canon A570is battery problem

I have had the same problem with A570is gobbling batteries.

I have done a hard reset by removing the cr1220 battery and then cleaned to battery prior to re fitting. Then whilst the AA batteries were out of the camera i pressed the on/off switch down for 10 secs.

Then i went on to carefully bend both battery terminals up on the battery door to give a better contact.

I replaced the original batteries that were showing low charge and hey presto no warning symbol and have taken about 50 photos with flash and still no low battery symbol.

This worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpugh View Post
I've been having this problem for a while. I even gave up using it and have bought all sorts of batteries and chargers.

Today I replaced the little CR1220 backup battery.

OMG, no more battery level warning on nice new batteries. I hope this works for everyone else
Shippo is offline   Reply With Quote