Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:51 PM   #61

:?Hello, Im from the Philippines. And I just bought my S5is last friday. When I checked on my package I noticed that it doesn't include any warranty card whatsoever. My officemate who bought the same unit two months ago mentioned to me that hers has a warranty card, and the underside of her blue box it has texts that "us/canada" so I thought hers was made in Japan.

I got curious, I looked at the underside of my blue box as well then I noticed made in China.

Now I feel bad because I am afraid that I bought a fake model. I called up the store asking how come I dont have a warranty card? I mean even if the item is manufactured in China, Canon usually issue a warranty card right?...all in the bix was the basic manual, tha advanced manual no warranty cards...

I asked the store if they still have stocks of the ones with warranty card they said yes, they cannot give back my money but they are willing to replace my unit with the one shipped from the US..is this valid...:??:?
ann_lei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:54 PM   #62

Ann-

Sure! That might be the best way to resolve the whole matter. Please just be sure that the new camera has a warranty card and that it is stamped by your dealer.

By the way, Ann, why have you not answer my other posts?

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:59 PM   #63

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Ann-

Sure! That might be the best way to resolve the whole matter. Please just be sure that the new camera has a warranty card and that it is stamped by your dealer.

By the way, Ann, why have you not answer my other posts?

Sarah Joyce
:sad:i called up the dealer. they said that there is really no warranty card and I cannot return the product or have it replaced because all of their available stocks does not have a warranty card.

They just guaranteed me that if incase my S5 needs repair they will be the one shipping my unit to Canon in China.

Now I feel bad..huhuhuhu
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:15 AM   #64

Ann-

To tell you the truth, the dealer actually gave you the correct answer. It is actually the dealer who ships the camera to Canon during the warranty period. So it is up to the dealer to verify your purchase date and forwardthat informationon to Canon.

So in my opinion, their answer is reasonable as long as you sincerely believe that they will be in business about a year from now.

Do you still want that perfectly free Canon S-5 Tutorial? If so you ought to read my post answering your post.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:37 AM   #65

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Ann-

To tell you the truth, the dealer actually gave you the correct answer. It is actually the dealer who ships the camera to Canon during the warranty period. So it is up to the dealer to verify your purchase date and forwardthat informationon to Canon.

So in my opinion, their answer is reasonable as long as you sincerely believe that they will be in business about a year from now.

Do you still want that perfectly free Canon S-5 Tutorial? If so you ought to read my post answering your post.

Sarah Joyce
for free?? gosh now I'm shy.. are you sure? but how?

Guess what, Im so scared to touch and look at my S5 because its so delicate lol, my officemates are laughing at me like they think Im crazy or something treating my camera as if its only for display lol

Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:48 AM   #66

ann_lei08 wrote:
Quote:
:sad:i called up the dealer. they said that there is really no warranty card and I cannot return the product or have it replaced because all of their available stocks does not have a warranty card.

They just guaranteed me that if incase my S5 needs repair they will be the one shipping my unit to Canon in China.

Now I feel bad..huhuhuhu
Why not check with the local Canon office and get their input? Give them the serial number to check.

A Canon factory, regardless of where it is, is a Canon factory and normally, they would cover their products with an international warranty.

I read somewhere that the local Canon Service Center in the Philippines is a very customer-friendly office.

Give it a try.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:42 AM   #67

@ a-beginner...thanks for the info, Il keep that in mind.

Hello again!. Had my S5 replaced already. Now the package goes with the warranty card I am soooo happy also because the dealer also guaranteed me of a store warranty for a year.

A friend of mine told me that after I get used to using my S5...in no time ill be switching to a DSLR hahaha

Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:07 PM   #68

ann-

I am happy to hear that you got the warranty issue resolved. The Canon S-5 is probably one of the best ultra-zooms on the market today. So, you have made an excellent choice.

You might want to look over the EX-430 Flash Tutorial. There is a lot of good stuff there. Here is a sample photo from the S-5 taken with the EX-420 in the bounce position.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:16 AM   #69

Hey Sarah... I see your still hanging out over here and this post is still going strong like my other post is on the Sony site.

That Canon s5is is a pretty good little camera, but there was a few things I like about the Sony H50 a tad better and why I got that one.

You can't go wrong with the Canon... if you know how to use the digital cameras like you do, it is then a just a matter of preference.

I'm gonna miss seeing ya on the other area.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:04 AM   #70

Please don't worry, Jack-

I always look at the Sony folder every day that I am home and I am still shooting with my Sony H-3 and H-5.

Sarah Joyce