Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:23 PM   #1

I would ask pleaseif anyone has one of the SD 850 / Ixus 950 same camera different mame USA /UK ,and could reccomend or not or compare it to the Fuji F31 that I am using now and might even replace it with ,any comments welcome :idea:.

I might like to try one of these small canons as a DSLR companion, I like the longer than Fuji lens on the canonie 35-140 mm and it has a peep hole andSRof course,Steves review andKen Rockwell both:love: seem to like the Canon camera but noise is my concern and IQ compared to the Fuji F31I have now that is good in low light but has odd exposure issues:? sometimes outdoors.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:42 PM   #2

I'd choose Canon sd850is. Actually I'm going to buy it this week.

But take a look at flickr's "camera finder" and analyze photos from the two cameras.

Good luck!

Lila
Lila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:11 AM   #3

rodo wrote:
Quote:
I would ask pleaseif anyone has one of the SD 850 / Ixus 950 same camera different mame USA /UK ,and could reccomend or not or compare it to the Fuji F31 that I am using now and might even replace it with ,any comments welcome :idea:.

I might like to try one of these small canons as a DSLR companion, I like the longer than Fuji lens on the canonie 35-140 mm and it has a peep hole andSRof course,Steves review andKen Rockwell both:love: seem to like the Canon camera but noise is my concern and IQ compared to the Fuji F31I have now that is good in low light but has odd exposure issues:? sometimes outdoors.
I did the same thing and found that the cameras were to similar in features. Also, believe it or not the Fuji F31 took much better outside zoomed shots. The zoom photos with the SD850 were extremely noisey and the F31's were much better - even the digital zoom photos were superior. Good luck, Tom
tsinvest is offline   Reply With Quote