Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:15 AM   #1

OK, this may be a silly question but I can't seem to figure this out. When I plug the camera into my PC and transfer the images it is creating subfolders per date that the images were shot. I'd really like to dump all the pictues into one folder with no subfolders. I had my S1 IS and zoombrowser set this way, but cant seem to find the right setting on the new setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
mInDtrIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:09 AM   #2

When you plug your camera to your computer, you'll have the 3 optionsas to how you want to proceed on where to put your pictures, inthat dialog box you will see where you want to designate/store your pictures on that page, right below that there should be a line saying something about sub folders, unclick the sub folder option.

Hope this helps.
B ig Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:57 AM   #3

B ig Wes wrote:
Quote:
When you plug your camera to your computer, you'll have the 3 optionsas to how you want to proceed on where to put your pictures, inthat dialog box you will see where you want to designate/store your pictures on that page, right below that there should be a line saying something about sub folders, unclick the sub folder option.

Hope this helps.
If I drill into the preferences I do get a drop down box for subfolder settings. However this is not a check box, just a drop down with like 4 different formats to call the subfolder. There isnt any option I can see for no subfolder or a check box I can unclick, unless its in a different place. What I am looking at is the screen that pops up once I connect my camera and turn it tp play, then click preferences at the bottom, then 'change auto download settings' (well actually both get there), then the subfolder selection is available, except to not have one.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:44 AM   #4

That's the same page I was refering to. I believe that if you uncheck the sub-folderoption it should prevent the use of the subfolder. I could be wrong and if so I'm sorry for the bad information I passed along. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in..
B ig Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:50 PM   #5

mInDtrIP wrote:
Quote:
I do get a drop down box for subfolder settings. However this is not a check box, just a drop down with like 4 different formats to call the subfolder. There isnt any option I can see for no subfolder or a check box I can unclick, unless its in a different place. What I am looking at is the screen that pops up once I connect my camera and turn it tp play, then click preferences at the bottom, then 'change auto download settings' (well actually both get there), then the subfolder selection is available, except to not have one.
Perhaps a screenshot will show better...

And here are the subfolder options:

Anyone have a clue? Of just massive amounts of subfolders? lol
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:00 AM   #6

Try this:

Launch ZB. Go to Tools/Customize/View & Classify and uncheck Classify Into Folder.

See if this works.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2008, 4:03 PM   #7

Sorry I havent logged in in a while. I tried the above and no difference. I guess I should clarify, its not an actual thing zoombrowser does, zoombrowser opens after the transfer. Its the CameraWindow app I guess.

I just like the convenience of plugging in the camera and letting it download automatically, but if I have a couple weeks worth of folders and just want to browse through them all or watch a slideshow quick its a pain in the but having it all divided up amongst numerous subfolders.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:44 PM   #8

This is about Zoombrowser but different question. New here and didn't know if I'm posting this properly. Anyway, I have a Canon powershot A520 and it came with Zoombrowser. I'm very new transfering photos from camera to computer, etc. I would like a simpler program than Zoombrowser, I just want to be able to put photos on computer. Is there something more basic that is compatible with my camera. For instance I can't figure out how to transfer a photo I received as an attachment in my email into my picture folders in Zoombrowser. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for any advice.
KayBee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:10 AM   #9

I think that if you uncheck the sub-folderoption it should prevent the use of the subfolder.
aprillove20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:17 AM   #10

kaybee-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

The easiest way to get your photos from your camera to your computer is to use an inexpensive (less than $5.00) memory card reader. You only need one for SD cards, so that will keep the price down as well. That way you won't have to fool with Zoom Browser.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote