Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:06 PM   #31

Hi again, newbie here. Do we have a tutorial on the S5?
ann_lei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:48 PM   #32

ann-

No, I just completed the external flash tutorial for the Canon S-5. However, as a professional digital camera instructor with a handicapped husband, I still have to keep focused on earning a living to support us as well. We will leave this coming Saturday (23 August) to do a lecture series for Princess Cruises.

As soon as we finish that cruise, we have another, almost back to back, to that one, again on Princess Cruises, so we really will not be home until the first week in December 2008.

As I am sure you can appreciate, whatever we do by way of tutorials, are done on a purely volunteer basis, totally without any compensation to support the Forum. Therefore, we do them whenever we are able to fit them into our schedule.

So, I have to be realistic with you and tell you that a Canon S-5 Tutorial does not look to be in the immediate future. Honey, you got some great documentation with your camera. Use that and the vast resources of the world wide internet, and I think you will be just fine.

And, oh yes, if you happen to be in Corvallis, Oregon in early January 2009, we are scheduled to do a workshop for Oregon State University.

All the best to you.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:28 AM   #33

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
ann-

No, I just completed the external flash tutorial for the Canon S-5. However, as a professional digital camera instructor with a handicapped husband, I still have to keep focused on earning a living to support us as well. We will leave this coming Saturday (23 August) to do a lecture series for Princess Cruises.

As soon as we finish that cruise, we have another, almost back to back, to that one, again on Princess Cruises, so we really will not be home until the first week in December 2008.

As I am sure you can appreciate, whatever we do by way of tutorials, are done on a purely volunteer basis, totally without any compensation to support the Forum. Therefore, we do them whenever we are able to fit them into our schedule.

So, I have to be realistic with you and tell you that a Canon S-5 Tutorial does not look to be in the immediate future. Honey, you got some great documentation with your camera. Use that and the vast resources of the world wide internet, and I think you will be just fine.

And, oh yes, if you happen to be in Corvallis, Oregon in early January 2009, we are scheduled to do a workshop for Oregon State University.

All the best to you.

Sarah Joyce
ooops, Im sorry I didn't mean to ask my question in a different way. I just got curious on whether you have other 'tips' or 'pointers on features' on the S5 aside from the basic and advanced manual that they provided, you know some 'user tips'. Im a 'newbie' when it comes to digital cameras.

Im sorry Sarah Joyce, I didnt mean to question your work. Im really really sorry.
ann_lei08 is offline   Reply With Quote