Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:44 AM   #1

Hi all!

I would like to know if any of the Canon experts here could please point me which one of all the CANON models is the camera with the faster flash recycle time???

I already have a couple of Canons, and im not happy with that specific issue, so I want to get a new one that is excellent on that aspect.

Thanks!!!
mabhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:54 AM   #2

The Canon cameras with 4 AA batteries or a LiIon battery have significantly faster flash recycle times than those with only two AA batteries.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3

kassandro wrote:
Quote:
The Canon cameras with 4 AA batteries or a LiIon battery have significantly faster flash recycle times than those with only two AA batteries.

HUmmm.... that means a A720IS will be even slower than my A70, that has 4 batteries, right???

Could someone please tell me wich models on the A series, or a better series, have 4 batteries??? I want the better models, not the simplier worse ones.

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:23 AM   #4

Yes, that is true, you will have to wait longer with the A720 until the flash is back again. The A650 seems to be the only current model with 4 AA batteries. The somewhat older A610, A620, A630 and A640 do have 4 batteries as well. Also the flash of the four battery cameras is also significantly more powerful, i.e. you can use a lower ISO at the same distance. The A650 has also a larger sensor, which means better image quality, than the A720 and a very useful flip out display.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:32 PM   #5

Thats such an horrible news...... I cant seem to find the A650 where I live, and even if I found, its too expensive for me...

I LOVE Canon cameras, but from what you folks are telling me, ANY A series cam will be even SLOWER than my slowpoke A70, which is already waaay to slow for me. I loose a lot of my kids pics because the flash takes to loong to recycle.

So i guess Ill have to chose another brand of cameras!! I my God!! I hate sonys!!!:sad:
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:03 PM   #6

You may be having the same problem Ifound with my SD870IS. Instead of using flash pulses for red eye reduction, it uses the focus assist lamp. At first I thought the camera had a slow recycle time or was having trouble focusing. The moment was usually gone by the time the camera decided it was ready to take the shot.

Turned out that the camera forced a delay while the focus assist did its redeye reduction thing. When I turned off the redeye the delay disappeared.
impreza276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:21 PM   #7

You did not mention a price range for your new camera. The other "newer" camera from Canon with 4 AAs is the S5 IS, but that is even more expensive than the A650 IS. You might be able to find the A640 for a little less than the A650, but they are getting more difficult to find.

Some rumors have suggested the S5 may be replaced in April/May timeframe, so the S5 price may be dropping soon.

mabhz wrote:
Quote:
Thats such an horrible news...... I cant seem to find the A650 where I live, and even if I found, its too expensive for me...

I LOVE Canon cameras, but from what you folks are telling me, ANY A series cam will be even SLOWER than my slowpoke A70, which is already waaay to slow for me. I loose a lot of my kids pics because the flash takes to loong to recycle.

So i guess Ill have to chose another brand of cameras!! I my God!! I hate sonys!!!:sad:
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote