Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:17 PM   #1

Yep, here are those are indeed those folks who have their sights set on the Canon S-6-

But wait a minute, won't you please? Think about the new and startling new,advanced Canon S-6., please! If more pixels on the very same imager (=much more electronic noise!) appeals to you, then please do not hesitatego for the new and amazing Canon S-6 camera.

For me, I prefer to go with the current S-5 IS. I will pass, if you don't mind,on that extra noise produced by the more and more mp on the very same sized CCD imager, does thatappeal to you? Well, welcome to the best noise example in the digiatal camera industry. Please think twice about the Canon S-6 versus the S-5. The Canon S-5 has fallen to record low prices. Why not take advantage of those price drops and getthe very best great camera at a record low price?? I did!

Yep, Canon is producing the Canon S-5 cameras in BOTH Japan and China because the Canon S-5 is one of the most popular cameras out there!, Right now. Please think twice, won't you Are they any good? Yes, they really are! How about the Canon S-6? I do not have much hope for for that camera in the way of expectations

But then I will leave that entirely up to you!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:57 AM   #2

Your point is well taken, and I'm still completely happy with my S3 IS (a little more so with CHDK added now). I still get plenty of reactions to my photos that begin with "That's a great camera." My hope is that Canon and its competitors will take heed of consumer awareness of the sensor limitations and start making and marketing P&S cameras with larger sensors rathar than continuing to try to market based on megapixels. I can dream, can't I? When friends ask me for camera recommendations and how many MP is enough, I always steer them in the direction of looking for larger glass rather than higher MP.
requa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:29 AM   #3

requa-

Thanks for the reply. I happen to think the same way as you do. Constantly adding mp's to the same size imager just results in lesser quality photos and more noise problems. I finally got the S-5 because of the hot shoe and the guess that an S-6 would just bring 10 mp's with a very minimal size increase in the imager.

I bought it from Amazon, so I have a 30 day return priviledge with no restocking fees as a bonus.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote