Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:13 PM   #51

Sorry if it appeared that there was no interest. I know that in my case, at this very moment, I am posting between thunderstorms & lightning.

We had a very bad set of storms last night with tons of lightning & hail & when that happens we turn off the computers & pull the plugs, We are again experiencing this today & will tomorrow also. We've had a few tornadoes (small) touch down a few days ago as well. Thisarea gets lots of lightning, etc. etc. & we cannot afford to buy new computers we alsodon't want to lose ourinfo on the computers, so we shut everything down. I do hope that all will understand.

Sarah, I wish you all the luck in your new project & your upcoming cruise.

Beth
Nightspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:54 PM   #52

Thank you, very much, Beth-

As you might know, my husband and teach digital cameras on cruise ships. We will leave on 04/25 and I have to upgrade the whole course, so that we now also cover face detection, scene modes, and the new cameras. We are also responsible for the photo portion of the destination lectures as well. It simply means that we have to have a 200+ photo slide show of all the ports where the cruise ship will be calling, and that is a fairly daunting task.

So thanks for your interest, enthusiasm, and encouragement, but I have to get to work once more. When we leave on 04/25 we will only be home for very short spells. Six days will be the longest break we have between 04/25 and 11/30.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:56 PM   #53

I just selected the SX100 from the Canon Loyal customer program to upgrade the A70 thats giving me problems. I have read mixed reviews on the Sx100 and hope it wll work for me.

I am looking at buying an SDHC card so I will have it when it comes. I can not find anything on what speed requirements are needed for the SX100. Is a class 4 good enough for video?
captbly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:16 PM   #54

Capt Bly-

Most users doing extensive video clips usually want a faster SD card, such as a Class 6 card.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote