Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 23, 2003, 8:42 AM   #1

Default spam bombardment

How do I unregister or unsubscribe from this place? Ever since I registered, I've been bombarded with spam emails claiming to be Microsoft Security Patches or whatever. I know this is the virus that's been going around, but I'm getting over 500 of these emails every day and it's driving me insane. I think I got on someone's email list when I registered for these message boards and I'd like to try to unregister to see if that helps.
MonPep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2003, 9:15 AM   #2

Your email does not show in your profile. Did you use to have it there? If not, you can probably discard the possibility that message boards like this one introduced the problem.

Btw, that is the main reason for me not to list my email address. If someone wants to contact me for whatever reason, leave a message on this board.

Of course you have to supply an email address during registration but I did that and have not experienced any increase in spam so I think that email address is safe in Steve's hands (or whoever is maintaining that list).
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:07 AM   #3

Same thing for me. I've been registered for awhile and I get no extra spam.

I would look elsewhere.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:35 AM   #4

I think my email was being displayed before and I just had it removed. So maybe that's what happened. You guys might have better ISP's than me anyway that block out these mass emailings anyway.
MonPep is offline   Reply With Quote