Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:46 PM   #1

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in here knew of a place where I could get a Canon TX1 that ships to Canada? Unfortunately Butterflyphoto.com does not (they have a great price at 263$) and Broadwayphoto.com is out of the question as they are a fraud.

Does anyone know of a reliable web site that would ship north of the border at a reasonable price for the TX1 (under 300$)?

I have to hurry now because I am 20 days away from my trip to Europe, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch !!!

Take a Picture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:27 PM   #2

I'd try Amazon or one of their affilitates. I bought mine from Amazon some time ago for $385 and am sure they are less by now.

You will love the TX1. Be sure to get some extra batteries. I bought two Lenmars plus a charger that works everywhere and in the car for $37.

I'm sure you know that an 8gb card will shoot 28min of HD video. I have several.

Edit: I just checked Amazon out of curiosity,....$325.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:31 PM   #3

Hey Setter, you helped a lot when it came time for me to choose between the TX1 and an Xacti, so thanks for that. Unfortunately, Amazon does not ship that product to Canada, and they are selling it for $325.00, which is frankly too high considering some of the other prices around the net.

But thanks anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:53 PM   #4

i would check out ebay, i got an absolute steal on sunday: $225 shipped for the TX1 INCLUDING A 16GB SDHC card and 3 batterys! It was an auction andsadly he doesn't have more. will be getting it tomorrow!

im gonna get a 3 or 5 year mack warranty or it too for an extra $30, i suggest the same! they have a great reputation, and are worldwide!
kickace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:33 PM   #5

kickace wrote:
Quote:
i would check out ebay, i got an absolute steal on sunday: $225 shipped for the TX1 INCLUDING A 16GB SDHC card and 3 batterys! It was an auction andsadly he doesn't have more. will be getting it tomorrow!

im gonna get a 3 or 5 year mack warranty or it too for an extra $30, i suggest the same! they have a great reputation, and are worldwide!
Hey bro' thanks for the suggestion. Coincidently, I did make the move today on eBay and bought a brand new TX1 (but a model from Japan -- all in English of course, with only the component cable missing, which I don't need) for $265.00, which is perfect for me. The seller had a 100% positive rep, so I took the plunge. Still, thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 8:03 AM   #6

You guys are going to love those new TX1s, more fun to use than anything I've ever had. I'm taking mine to grandsons Little League game today, determined to get some stills. I enjoy the HD video so much I seldom use the still mode.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 8:08 AM   #7

Hey Setter thanks again for all your help man. You were always there to answer my calls. Greatly appreciated.

TaP
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:37 AM   #8

Thanks for the nice comment, TaP. Enjoy that little jewel, or as they call it on the DP forum, ....that "Tough Little Turtle.'