Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 1, 2008, 6:47 AM   #1

hey guys, my first post here... and glad to be aboard! :-)

anyhow, I just purchased a sweet little TX1 about an hour ago.. (butterflyphoto.com has them for $264 brand new!). Now I need to pimp this little camera out with a nice case so it stays fresh and minty. I've found these 2 cases and wondered if anyone has any experience with them. I'm looking for one thats as snug as can be.

This one looks great and is made by Canon but i'm not sure if it will be too small. anyone use this before?

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PSC-1000.../dp/B000NSFLM6

Then there's this one which i found on ebay, which looks like it's made from some dude =) he does have excellent feedback however. anyone use these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=016

If anyone can recommend a better one please let me know, I'd like to order one ASAP =)

and does anyone know any good deals on SDHC cards? The best deal I found was a transcend 8GB for $36 on newegg. that sound about right?

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,
Retromangia
Retromangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2008, 1:27 PM   #2

Retro,

You will love your TX1,....it's a fun camera to use and the stills and HD videos are both excellent.

I don't keep mine in a case but on a lanyard around my neck and in my left shirt pocket. The camera is fairly slow to get into action to begin with and a case will only slow things down further. I just looked at mine. It's been in and out of my pocket a thousand times and I see no wear and tear. By the time it gets scuffed, I'll want a TX2.

I use 8GB SDHC cards an suggest you'll need a couple of them as well as a couple of extra batteries. $36 seems like an okay price.

Enjoy!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 9:50 AM   #3

Hi Retromangia,

I'm trying to ralley up a bit of support for a TX-1 forum proposed by the owner of this TX-1 blog: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...399&page=1
Please post a note on the blog supporting a forum, and I hope to see you there!

My personal interest in the forum ois to explore the TX-1 with a little-known programmed firmware addition called CHDK. CHDK is essentially a firmware "hack" that is put on the SD card that your camera can interact with, and it gives amazing breadth of user-controls not usually available. There is no permanent change made to the camera, and it is not dangerous. It's free. It's incredible, and there are specific CHDK "builds" for many Canon point and shoot cameras. -Of course, because I have & love my TX-1, it gets my vote as being the best camera that CHDK could be applied to.

CHDK does the following and more;

Enables RAW shooting
Enables the following priorities;
Shutter speeds from 65 to 1/32,000 seconds (...not a type-o!)
Aperture
ISO from 10 - 8000
...and it has bracketing for all of these in any combination.
CHDK also has distance focusing for DOF bracketing, but they have not worked that out so that it can be used in the TX-1 yet.

Other goodies include motion detection scripts that can run within the CHDK program, a variety of grids to choose from, live histogram in several different configurations, "Zebra" mode, DOF calculator, On Screen Display of any of these functions that is completely configuarble, battery icon with percent, on screen clock, memory usage indicator,

...on and on and on!
Once again, as "too good to be true" as it all seems, it really is amazing, free with no catches! So far there are only a few people I know running CHDK on a TX-1. I know nothing about programming, but I helped port and beta test the TX-1 about three weeks ago for "Microfunguy", so the CHDK release for the TX-1 is very recent.
Check it all out here; http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK Everything you need is there, as far as links to everything else.

Please pass this on to all TX-1 owners you meet, and don't forget about the TX-1 forum.

Thanks!

Psycho-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 7:14 PM   #4

Retromangia wrote:
Quote:
I've just ordered a second ProCase from the eBay sellerthat you refer to.I orderedmy first oneover a year ago formy SD500 and was well pleased with boththe quality of the case and how well it fit the camera.I've just ordered a second case, from the sameeBay seller, formy SD900 which I got recently.I ordered it yesterday and got an email message from the seller telling me that he shipped it this morning. I'm well pleasednot only withhis productbut his efficiency as well.
Quote:
hey guys, my first post here... and glad to be aboard! :-)

anyhow, I just purchased a sweet little TX1 about an hour ago.. (butterflyphoto.com has them for $264 brand new!). Now I need to pimp this little camera out with a nice case so it stays fresh and minty. I've found these 2 cases and wondered if anyone has any experience with them. I'm looking for one thats as snug as can be.

This one looks great and is made by Canon but i'm not sure if it will be too small. anyone use this before?

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PSC-1000.../dp/B000NSFLM6

Then there's this one which i found on ebay, which looks like it's made from some dude =) he does have excellent feedback however. anyone use these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=016

If anyone can recommend a better one please let me know, I'd like to order one ASAP =)

and does anyone know any good deals on SDHC cards? The best deal I found was a transcend 8GB for $36 on newegg. that sound about right?

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,
Retromangia
BJW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 7:17 PM   #5

I've just ordered a second ProCase from the eBay sellerthat you refer to.I orderedmy first oneover a year ago formy SD500 and was well pleased with boththe quality of the case and how well it fit the camera.I've just ordered a second case, from the sameeBay seller, formy SD900 which I got recently.I ordered it yesterday and got an email message from the seller telling me that he shipped it this morning. I'm well pleasednot only withhis productbut his efficiency as well.
BJW27 is offline   Reply With Quote