Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 2, 2008, 9:28 PM   #1

Is there any way to use the G9 as a disk drive like my other cameras? I use an image manager (PIE) that I like and still want to use it. Do I have to use the Canon software that came with it? My card readers don't read the HC cards so that didn't work. I just want it to show up as a drive like my nikon does. Any ideas?
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:15 PM   #2

I installed and use the Canon software. However, it does offer you the option when preparing to transfer images via the USB cable to use your PC to do the work. Here is a screen shot I just captured for it.

If I click on "Operate using this computer" button, then Canon software transfer screen closes. I then can open Windows Explorer to view the G9 as a drive, and view the files/pictures on the SD card, and use it as any folder. I use Windows XP.

Hope this helps,
Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:21 PM   #3

Update: I'm visiting my daughter, and she has a new computer with Vista on it. I connected my G9 to her computer via the USB cable, and Windows Vista recognized it in a few seconds. Then I was able to transfer pictures to her computer just like it was an external drive.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote