Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:52 AM   #1

I have read a ton of reviews on this so I decided to ask here if anybody has any hands on with it. I here purple fringing and shuttler lag which I hope it isn't true cause it looks like a decent camera, please advise. Thanks.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:12 AM   #2

Hello:!:

I am also looking into buying a Canon. The Canon SD870IS sounds very good to me!

I am addicted to wide angle. Telephoto is nice but I have a Kodak and a Panasonic that curretly go to 10x optical.

I like the SD series for their Time Lapse, Image Stitch, Color Accent and Color Swap.

The only thing I do not care for is the touch style fly fly that took the place of the mechanical toggle switch/wheel.

Most reviews must be read with a grain or bucket of salt as many people making reviews often are photographicly challanged (don't know what their talking about)

I am trying to decide if a 3" lcd screen is better than a 2.5" plus a optical finder and do I really need IS :?

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:46 AM   #3

I have 7 cameras already a DSLRCanon 30D and 6 other Sony point and shoots all take great photos. I just wanted another one to play with. I like the features you stated above also. I just think I need to hear from someone that has it the IQ and if they really like it. I am a firm believer in IS with the camera being that small ( image shake ) and I really like the 3 inch view finder.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:15 PM   #4

There is no evidence of CA (purple fringe) that I can see. Fuji cameras are the worst for CA! As for shutter lag....No issues here. It is not a dslr with 0 shutter lag, nor does it have considerable lag. It is a great camera and the 3 inch screen is wonderful. Don't miss the optical viewfinder at all. The best thing about this little camera (other than the fantastic picture quality) is, it is a little camera. It is so easy to use one hand to position the camera in any position you need to get that great shot.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:48 AM   #5

I have the camera now and it so far is pretty good. I started a post a photo thread here I hope it takes off.