Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:40 PM   #21

elpols wrote:
Quote:
Thanks again for all the clips.
Paul
You are welcome Paul. I was glad they helped, some were real boring, some were taken from the dash of my car on my way someplace to take pictures within an hour of having gotten the camera.

I use Sony Vegas video editor for the videos, I've been using Vegas for about 5 years.

I got some nice email comments from a video I did with the SX10 almost a month ago: http://vimeo.com/2366812

And I tried a quick time-lapse which came out pretty good, and with some errors but a fun project: ChristmasTree_HD720.wmv http://vimeo.com/2590011

Rich
Poncho_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:28 AM   #22

They aren't boring at all for me. I can see how the camera behaves at fast lighting changes when shooting from your car's dash. AF while zooming is great too, as seen in MVI_0077. Nice parade by the way, you could indeed put those horse clops on a cd heh.

I love the ChristmasTree clip. What's the source for that? A video or a a buch of pics you put together in SonyVegas?
elpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 9:15 AM   #23

The parade happened by chance, my wife and two grandaughters were just going out and noticed there was going to be a parade near our house. It had great possibilities, could have set up a video camera almost anywhere on a tripod and let it run while getting other angels with my wife guarding it while she shot stills. And I could have done more stills stills etc from the other side of the road. There was no crowd factor and there were horses coming from everywhere. Then while hand holding the SX10, I did all the video but was taking stills at the same time. Well, I spent a lot of time editing because the still's put a blank and frozen section in the video. I was just not well prepared.

The Christmas tree was just a bunch of stills, 185 of them. Camera on a tripod, took pictures manually, about every 20 to 30 seconds. That worked out good because I could watch where people were and get good poses. But it was real boring. We got the hungries and went out to try a new Mexican restaurant in the middle of the video. Thats why the change of clothes with one person. I just threw the pics on the Vegas time line and stretched it to slow it down. I'm proud of the project because I did it quickly. I usually fiddle for hours and get frustrated when doing video. And I'm not well organized. It's just a short fun thing. That's what I'm supposed to do is have fun.

Happy and safe Holidays to everyone!

Rich

Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:25 PM   #24

Rich -

I enjoy the photo of your dog in your user ID box. Is it a Sheltie? I've had three Shelties over the past 30+ years and love them dearly!

Peace!
hawks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:18 PM   #25

hawks1 wrote:
Quote:
Rich -

I enjoy the photo of your dog in your user ID box. Is it a Sheltie? I've had three Shelties over the past 30+ years and love them dearly!

Peace!
Thanks!

No, he is a full size Collie, about 70 lbs, or more correctly a Rough Coat Collie. His name is Tucker, he is about 10 years old we estimate. We also have a smaller female "Tri-Color" Collie. They were both unwanted and I help out at some of the rescue organizations. We rescued them. He was a bit crazy. But once he settled down he has been a pleasure. They are pretty docile dogs.

These two, with a lot of training, turned out well. Here is a recent picture at the Rio Grande last week:

Rich