Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:51 AM   #141

SX1

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 1:20 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
SX1

Goodmorning DonalDuc - fantastic pics you got there.
I have now decided to buy the SX1 (a used copy 268Euro with 16GB SD+tripod+bag, Quite cheap I think)
I think I will wait for the HS10 to be better (some new S/W update or even a new camera - I don't trust it to be good enough yet)
The S/W update that the SX1 had - is it somethink I could use, if im NOT planning to use RAW ?
Buy from here (denmark), Claus - have a fantastic weekend.
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 3:29 AM   #143

SX1 is nearly "perfect" :-) ... tiltable display, 20x optical zoom (with smaller picture optical till 80x), fullHD video with Guiness-43Mbps.

I hope to get this week HS10 (waiting since months :-| ) ... also 1a .. look pictures of

Dave Lloyd (4 pages) http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_HS10_03.htm

- and Jacky Lee http://www.pbase.com/middlehill/fuji...ix_hs10_review
Old May 2, 2010, 5:19 AM   #144

Beutifull

----------------------------------------------
cheap *******il buy adipex

Last edited by 52735; May 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM.
52735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 5:14 PM   #145

Canon SX1

daisy touches front lens - supermacro

Last edited by DonalDuc; May 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:18 PM   #146

I just bought this camera 2 weeks ago and I really like it. I have one question for others that have this camera about the movie mode. After I record a video (in 1920) and transfer it to my computer and play it back, I can hear the clicking/clunking sound of the lens extending or retracting when I have zoomed in or out of a subject. I'm just wondering if this is only happening with my camera or do others hear this as well? I can hear this when I play the video back on my computer as well as when I just shoot a video and play it back on the camera itself.
I read the manual and it says that the sound of pressing buttons may be recorded but all I am doing is GENTLY moving the zoom lever and it is the sound of the lens moving in and out that is being recorded and that's the noise I'm talking about.
Does anyone else hear this sound?

By the way, great pictures!!!

Last edited by Lee Lang; May 2, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Lee Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 9:51 AM   #147

Donalduc can you post some pictures taken during night time...with SX1
Cameraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 12:14 PM   #148

Default Loving this camera!

Hi guys. Im new to this forum. Ive browsed it endlessly in the past but just recently joined. I have a new Canon SX1 IS, and upgrade from my SX10 IS which i recently sold. So far so good. Here are a few pix from the weekend....
Attached Images

dallison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 12:15 PM   #149

I notice the clicking sound on my video as well, even with the slightest press in low volume situations.
dallison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:56 AM   #150

Dear all:
Please help me out here. I saved my hard earned money, did research and decided to go in for Canon SX1. I bought a camera after 7 years interval, simply because I wanted a good camera and was saving for it. 7 years seems wierd but I cannot afford to spend $600 on new cameras. I searched for a good forum and am looking for pro's here for some good advise.

My Canon Sx1 is constantly giving slightly 'blurred' pics in auto (ISO and ISO-Hi modes). When I look at a scene on my LCD viewfinder, the scenery looks sharp and nice. But when I look at the clicked picture, i can notice a difference immediately between live scenery and clicked photo - the photo is blurry.

I did tests on 10MP fine and superfine modes - pictures were blurry. Then I did an experiment: I compared my 7 year old Fuji Finepix 2800 2 MP camera at superfine mode. I then kept the SX1 at 2 MP, 4:3 aspect, superfine mode. Please have a look at attached pictures. You will notice the Fuji picture is sharper.

I tried manual mode on Sx1 - images were slightly sharper, but still not satisfactory. I have seen members here have placed very sharp pictures taken from sx1. So please help guide me - is my camera ok or is there a problem with sx1 per se?

Thanks

Gagan
pictures attached below... in first pic (Canon), look at foliage towards right. In the second pic (Fuji) - compare the same foliage.
Attached Images

gaggz is offline   Reply With Quote