Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:01 AM   #41

with SX1 you can select each color which should appear in a picture. selectable in 10 intensities. you also can change two color

original green .... changed to red

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 6:20 PM   #42

making movies you not only can do with SX1, SX10, 5DMkII ...

but also with each DSLR (especially Canon) with lifeview by capturing lifeview

gefilmt mit DSLR Canon 450D und Sigma 18-200 OS
Original (MJPG) wurde auf ~ 1/30 (DivX/mp3) komprimiert - Format 848x560
Länge ~ je 10 MB

video was taken with DSLR Canon 450D / DigitalRebel XSi and Sigma 18-200 OS
original (MJPG) was resized to ~ 1/30 (DivX/mp3) - videoformat 848x560
length ~ 10 MB each

Canon Lifeview Capture1 - Kerze
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4EIEJ51

Canon Lifeview Capture2 - Libelle
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8SJ38VO2

Canon Lifeview Capture3 - Zaun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTGUVM7R

Canon Lifeview Capture4 - DigiClock - Sigma 105mm macro
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWR09RSK

insert three letters right, then wait 45 sec

Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:20 PM   #43

Hi. Found you today and would love some advise from you.

I do not understand much about Camera's. I had a Slr Canon 350d with the 70=300 lens as well. I bought it to take to South Africa when I went there 2 years ago.

I found it was too much trouble changing lens so I sold it. It did take beautiful photo's. I am going again in August 2009 and wish to buy a new camera. I have been thinking about this camera that you have been talking about. I have had Canon cameras all my life, movie as well.

These photo's of yours are fantastic. I love them. I was going to buy the Canon sx1 1s because of the long zoom. I thought it would be easier for me.

Can you advise me which one I should get as you talk about the Panosonic G1. Is that better than the Canon sx1 is, I want to take photo's of animal and birds in trees etc, that way I will need the long lens. I really hope you can advise me as I have been trying to workout which one for 9 months,

Thanking you so much, Hope to hear from you soon, Vicki

possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:30 PM   #44
Super Moderator

Hi Possum and welcome to Steve's.

I would suggest that you post this question in the What Camera section as you will get more answers and we don't want to steal this thread, but I will give you a quick start.

I'm fortunate that I have 5 cameras, 3 Canon dSLRs for pro and high quality work, and Panasonic TZ5 for put in the pocket simple shots and a SX1 which is a nice superzoom.

This is going to be my take on holiday camera as well as the camera I'm using for a lot of video. The zoom is great, it has a good wide angle and the shots produced are very good, even though they can't come close to a dSLR and the G1 also has better image quality when light it more limited than the SX1. The G1 still has changeable lenses and you won't get the same coverage as the SX1 without having a couple of lenses.

I am considering the next version of the G1 if it has video as there are creative things I want to be able to do but for still shooting then the SX1 is a capable camera for sure. I would also consider the Panasonic FZ28 as the lens is a little better IMHO and if I wasn't doing video I would have gone for this over the SX1.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:50 PM   #45

Hi, Thank you for your very fast reply. How do I find the "What camera section" and where. My husband takes the Video"s and I take the Photo's. So Panosonic FZ28 or G1.

This is the fastest reply I have ever had. Thanks a lot. I don't know about this site, I will have to learn to use it.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:03 PM   #46

Hi, possum!

I use Canon/Oly/Pana DSLRs and other cameras like Samsung NV24, Oly570, Canon SX1. Every one of this cameras is "excellent" and it's fine to take pictures with SX1 - or make movies in FullHD - http://vimeo.com/2973317

Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:04 PM   #47
Super Moderator

You're welcome.

Just go to What Camera Should I Buy?and then pose the question. I'm not ruling out the SX1 but there is a pretty big price difference between the FZ28 and the SX1 and I don't think without the video that the SX1 makes up enough ground.

Anyway, let's answer this question further when you post a new thread in the aforementioned section.

Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:05 PM   #48
Super Moderator

DonalDuc wrote:
Quote:
Hi, possum!

I use Canon/Oly/Pana DSLRs and other cameras like Samsung NV24, Oly570, Canon SX1. Every one of this cameras is "excellent" and it's fine to take pictures with SX1 - or make movies in FullHD - http://vimeo.com/2973317
Hehe, that's one of my videos
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:48 AM   #49

Yeeeees! Most of numerous shown videos are shiiit, only few of them are good. Congratulation!

Some people shoot themself with their camera.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 6:23 AM   #50
Super Moderator

I wouldn't want to break my lens so always best to keep the camera pointing away from me LOL.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm still trying to make the switch to video which is harder to do well than stills.