Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:31 PM   #1

Default Dropped my new A70

Hi kind A70 users,

Has anyone dropped their A70? my newly bought A70 just slipped out of the camera casing and went straight to the ground (arrgh!! ). Although there is no sign of any scratch, I am very paranoid of the entire event. I have tried taking pictures with it after that, it went alright. I do not think I am able to know if the quality of the photos have deteriorated after that incident..just wondering how durable A70 is..
New2digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:45 AM   #2

I have heard of several people dropping canon cameras and in general, they are pretty tuff. They generally survive a fall. One exception would be if the camera is on and it lands on the extended lens. That often causes damage and malfunction in the lens mechanism (which makes a pretty good argument for using a lens adapter and a uv filter). Dropping them in water of course kills them too.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 2:08 AM   #3

Thanks dude,

it is very assuring to hear that canon cameras are that durablr, at least it would survive one fall. No, my A70 did not land on its lens, basically it wasnt switched on when it dropped. I guess I just need to be more careful and ensure that the casing is zipped before I decide to swing it around.

="richardh"]I have heard of several people dropping canon cameras and in general, they are pretty tuff. They generally survive a fall. One exception would be if the camera is on and it lands on the extended lens. That often causes damage and malfunction in the lens mechanism (which makes a pretty good argument for using a lens adapter and a uv filter). Dropping them in water of course kills them too.[/quote]
New2digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 7:18 PM   #4

I dropped my camera the second day I had it. I didn't attach the shoulder strap correctly, and it fell onto the drive. So far, no problems, and that was over a year ago.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 2:42 AM   #5

I've smacked mine against a rock (small dent in the corner) but it seems to work fine, colours are fine, no dead pixels, nothing inside shakes or rattles.

*shrug*

Guess their built tough :P
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote