Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 1, 2003, 1:37 PM   #11

After about 1000 pix i now can say i like the zoom control just how it is. And also like this cam far better than my coolpix 4300,3100.
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 8:54 AM   #12

I didn't mind the zoom lever on the A70 I tried last week, but I hated the fiddly lever by the lcd, to switch between shoot and preview mode! If I was in a hurry with gloves on, I'd worry about ripping it off. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:08 AM   #13

When I first bought my A70 my biggest complaint was the zoom lever. I was accustomed to a rear-mounted rocker switch on my first digital, a sony Mavica.

Now it's completely natural and I am beginning to prefer it over the rear switch. However, the zoom lever on the A80 is much better, it feels more natural (it and the shutter are slightly more inclined), and feels more substantial.

Like vox, I also don't care for the a60/70 preview switch... I like the slide lever on the A80 much better.

Kevin
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealblue
After about 1000 pix i now can say i like the zoom control just how it is. And also like this cam far better than my coolpix 4300,3100.
Teal, just curious, why buy so many digitals that are all nearly in the same class? (all compact, 3-4mp range, fairly recent models)...

I can see buying a smaller camera and a larger, more capable one, but I don't see why one would pick all three of those.

None of my business, just curious .

Kevin
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 1:12 AM   #15

Having played with the a40 a little more since, I find the back buton ackward one handed to. I think the the a70 lever is in a convienient, easy to access while composing location.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote