Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:03 PM   #1

Default CAnon A80 or S400

Hi EVERY BODY,

Im a new member. I'm thinkin of buying a Digital Camera. I've been searching a lot and finally came up with a Canon S400 and Canon A80. I like S400 becoz it is lighter and battery used is Lithium ion, which i guess has a longer life than one used wit Alkaline. And I like Canon A80 becoz it has a LCD screen which u can flip/ open up, it protect the screen though. I dont care about the price. The image quality i guess r the same. So , I need your suggestions....plz HELP me out!!! thanx a lot!
z999roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2003, 8:44 PM   #2

Well from those two, it'll be dependant on how compact/portable you need it, or if you need manual functions. If you need manual functions go with the A80, and portability comes with the S400.

The A80 can use rechargable NiH batteries which will last a hella long time (like 4 hours). The S400 you're stuck with the 2 1/2 hours from it's proprietary battery (but you can always buy another one).

I have a S400 and I'm just gobsmacked at what it can do in terms of pic quality in well lit places, but I'm left wanting a bit more for those low light situations (and not being able to fiddle around with appeture and exposure settings for that right amount of DOF).

Here's some of my pics that you can mull over (there's only a few of them): http://www.mywebphotoclub.com/member/lemur6/G1

-Lemur 6
13mur 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:21 PM   #3

Hi Lemur 6, thank u 4 replyin my post! I'm thinkin of Canon Powershot S50 now. Al I need is a digi cam, which wil giv me good quality image, not too profesional, not too bad...So, does any1 in here knoe where I could buy a digicam online which giv me a lowest price, good service n trustworthy?......YOUR REPLY is VERY IMPORTANT to me...I knoe beachcamera.com is very good. But becoz I'm from Australia, so they charge the shipin cost too high. And some other store online in USA donot sel to overseas. THANX first!
z999roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:29 PM   #4

I tried the S50 out for a few days, and for some reason I didn't like it. Maybe it was because it was too big, or the images were too soft, just something didn't feel right about it. You should go to a walk in store and try these cameras out before you buy them, get some good quality hands-on time before you buy, lest you be swept away in a sea of melan... I mean, kick yourself in the arse for getting something you really didn't want.

-Lemur 6
13mur 6 is offline   Reply With Quote