Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:43 PM   #21

Pany has a totally different menu system. As a Canon man, I had trouble with it initially but find it MUCH better than Canon now that I've used it a bit. There are four "C" settings, for example. You can instantly change megapixels in any mode, allowing EZ zoom out to 32X at 3MP. I found this very useful in Yellowstone Park last week on some distant shots.

The buttons etc are better located also. I actually bought the FZ28 for the HD video but found it frustrating and never use it,....and never will. I do like the handiness of the camera, EZ zoom, and good burst modes. Everything is so easily selected on the Pany that using it is a pleasure.

The Canon SX10 has the advantage of the rotating LCD and better video, in my opinion. I like being able to trim the videos and play them as a slide show along with the stills. I can put a complete story directly from the camera into a DVD writer.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:47 AM   #22

Came upon this forum a few days ago. Was stumbling on whether to get the SX1 or the older SX10. I went with the SX10 - couldn't pass it up for $284 at an online place. I'm excited ;-). I cancelled my order since it suddenly went on backorder once I didn't purchase the other items they tried to sell me. STAY AWAY from DELTACAMERAS! Ended up purchasing the camera from Bestbuy. I have to say I'm really happy with the SX10is especially when paired and used with CHDK.

Last edited by configsys; Aug 23, 2009 at 1:31 AM.
configsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 4:38 PM   #23

In another week I'm headed for Yellowstone again and look forward to giving my SX10 another workout. I must say though that the release of the SX20 has gotten me back on to the forums to discuss the various cameras available. Although I really like my SX10, I'll admit that I probably would have gone with the SX1 if it had been available when I was shopping. Several SX1 features would be valuable to me, such as better burst mode, and higher resolution video, allowing better stills to be pulled from the clips. I found this a great feature in my Canon TX1 at Little League games. You can pull stills of the bat coming off the ball, slides into bases etc. These HD720 clips print up nicely in 4x6 and were very popular with my family.

I'm not sure if Canon will continue the SX1 series or not. It seems that the SX20 has sort of closed the gap in features.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 5:01 PM   #24

I am returning my Canon SX-10 tomorrow! My Sony H-20 takes better photos. If I want more zoom, I will happily pull out my Nikon P-90 camera. You see I do like super zoom cameras.

However, the SX-10 did not have the image quality I was looking for in a super zoom camera. I guess everyone has to find the camera that works for them.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:09 PM   #25

How many fps can the sx10 shoot? That is the only other thing that I would worry about. I am thinking that they are pretty comparable and I just wanted to make sure the fps would be enough.
tcn1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:46 PM   #26

T-

Are you speaking about fps in the video clip mode or fps when do a Burst Mode shot?

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:51 PM   #27

Burst shot mode
tcn1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:56 PM   #28

1.3fps in the Burst Mode.

Sarah Joyce