Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 11, 2003, 8:44 PM   #1

Default Canon A70 Doesn't Give All Info To iPhoto 2, Help Please

Hi all i got a Canon A70 the other day and it's a nice camera...and being new to digital cameras and all when i get a pic i like after playing around with all of the settings i go in to iPhoto 2 to see the settings that where set for that good pic. Yet iPhoto 2 has some things missing in the Exposure tab. What i want to know the most is what ISO speed i had set in each pic.

Is this a bug? Or is there some setting i can put on to get all of the info? Be it on the A70 or Mac?

Please help if you know what is going on here as i'm new to all of this.

Frank_t

frank_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:35 PM   #2

Anyone?

Frank_t
Old Nov 13, 2003, 1:21 AM   #3

I don't know about Mac, but on PC not all graphic viewers show all details correctly. You might try another viewer, which would do a better job.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 1:53 AM   #4

Do you know if the A70 gives ISO speed to PC apps?

Frank_t
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:18 AM   #5

ZoomBrowser shows it, except that when ISO was set to Auto, it just says "Auto". Another viewer that I use is ACDSee, it doesn't show ISO speed, but it's an old version (3.1). I read somewhere that new versions of ACDSee can show the actual ISO, not sure if it's true. My suggestion is you try setting ISO manually and see what iPhoto shows. Maybe "--" simply stands for "Auto".
Old Nov 16, 2003, 3:41 AM   #6

Hey i just found out that if you import the pics from the camera with ImageBrowser from the software that comes with the camera and you do info on the pic in ImageBrowser it will show you all of the info iPhoto won't...like ISO speed

So this means it's not the camera that doesn't pass on the info....just that if you use different software to import your pics you will lose some of the info on them. where if you import with ImageBrowser from canon it keeps all of the info.

I even used the pics ImageBrowser imported and draged them in iPhoto from my desktop and it still doesn't show the ISO speed like ImageBrowser does so this means that iPhoto doesn't import all of the data like ImageBrowser does. Which is a let down as iPhotos GUI is much better than ImageBrowser's :\

Frank_t
Old Nov 17, 2003, 1:36 AM   #7

Hi Frank,

I don't think you lose any info when you import pics with iPhoto. Try downloading them with iPhoto and then open them in ZoomBrowser - most likely it will give you the correct info. As far as I understand, the info is embedded in the file, and it doesn't change unless you edit it and save from a graphic editor which doesn't handle the EXIF info in the right way. If you don't like ZoomBrowser, you might try ACDSee or Irfan Viewer - ones of the best image browsers, but I don't know if there are Mac versions of them.