Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 16, 2003, 5:42 PM   #1

Default Night Shots with A80 cam

My english is very bad, sorry! ops:

I have a question about the A80 digicam.

I need a cam to make night photos of shows and peoples in Night Houses.
I had a P32 cam, but i lost it. :lol:
Wel, I would like to know if the A80 is a good camera for this type of photos, and if somebody has some photo of this style made for a A80 I to be able to see.
The auto focus is good in night shots?

tanks, and I'm sorry because my english is very bad.. ops:
labombajau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2003, 5:39 AM   #2

Default Some question

I have this question too. The A80 cam is good to make night shots like shows?
jm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:08 AM   #3

Most of the camera can take night photos,
Those camera which can adjust the aperture and shuttle speed setting is an advantage to take night shots.

To take a nice night shot, you need a tripod to hold your A80 so that the camera won't shake. A80 has a function call Tv (or shuttle priority). To make the shot, set the shooting mode to Tv then set the shutter speed to slow speed eg 1 sec, depends on the lightning condition. Then set the shutter release for 2 sec delay so that your camera won't shake when you press the shutter! That's all for beginner in takin night photography! Later when you r experience enough, try to play with the M (manual) fucntion!

Good luck!
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:08 AM   #4

Those camera which can adjust the aperture and shuttle speed setting is an advantage to take night shots.

To take a nice night shot, you need a tripod to hold your A80 so that the camera won't shake. A80 has a function call Tv (or shuttle priority). To make the shot, set the shooting mode to Tv then set the shutter speed to slow speed eg 1 sec, depends on the lightning condition. Then set the shutter release for 2 sec delay so that your camera won't shake when you press the shutter! That's all for beginner in takin night photography! Later when you r experience enough, try to play with the M (manual) fucntion!

Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:09 AM   #5

Good luck!