Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:59 AM   #61

SantaClawz-

Canon will be introducing new P+S cameras in the Spring of 2010. I think that we will most probably see a larger imager offered to provide better full spectrum performance.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:20 AM   #62
Super Moderator

i don't expect the new G series, whenever it is introduced, to have a larger imager, it will most likely just be a new higher resolution imager that handles noise better.

i do expect canon to introduce a large sensor bridge-type camera though. their recent patents seem to point to this. probably something along the lines of a 2x crop factor sized sensor (approx 4/3 size) with a 28-300ish equivalent lens, HD video, etc. don't expect it to be cheap though. and i think Nikon is doing the same thing.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:35 PM   #63

Alright people, I just bought a G11.

Let me say the low light/high ISO performance is significantly better than my G10, and this is pretty much the main reason why I wanted to upgrade, G10 was really poor in this department, even at ISO 200 it was becoming too noisy for my taste. I was VERY hesitant and not sure what to do as you all know from a few of my previous posts, I wanted to go up and grab a DSLR but felt a smaller camera such as G Canon was a bit better for me, at this time.
Another very important feature that aided in my decision was the swivel lcd screen, it's so much better and more useful than a fixed screen. IMO

I never thought I would "need" to upgrade a camera in such a short amount of time, it's been only a year or so since I got the G10 so it was a hard decision to make (money doesn't grow on trees), but I hope I'll be able to sell the G10 and get at least some money back.

P.S Any good online sites where to list the G10 for sale?

Last edited by SantaClawz; Dec 22, 2009 at 9:30 PM.
SantaClawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:14 PM   #64

Congrats on the G11! It is an awesome camera. Post some pics when you have a moment.

You can try kijiji for local Toronto buyers or even Ebay if you have an account.

Merry Ho-Ho!
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:43 PM   #65

Thanks, will try to get some pictures posted after holidays are over.
SantaClawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:30 AM   #66

Default new to G11 & fotography

Hey m a new G11 user and a no-bie in fotography... can some help me unserstand fotography wid G11 please

Thanks!
meghs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:45 AM   #67

meghs2k-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

Congratulations on your purchase of the Canon G-11. It is an excellent camera.

" The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby would give you a good start.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:30 AM   #68

Hello
Im so happy I found this forum.I went through the DSLR or G11 thing for a while.But after long research I purchased the G11 and I am really happy with the results.Most people said this camera was not for portraiture,but I dont agree.Here is a portrait i took with my g11.I took it as a quick test shot i didnt adjust iso it was out of the box set on 80.

Last edited by Aliceinlove; Feb 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Aliceinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:30 PM   #69

aliceinlove-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

Thanks also for posting a photo. Perhaps it my eyes, but that photo does not look very sharp to me. Was your G-11 in the macro mode.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:57 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClawz View Post
Alright people, I just bought a G11.

Let me say the low light/high ISO performance is significantly better than my G10, and this is pretty much the main reason why I wanted to upgrade, G10 was really poor in this department, even at ISO 200 it was becoming too noisy for my taste. I was VERY hesitant and not sure what to do as you all know from a few of my previous posts, I wanted to go up and grab a DSLR but felt a smaller camera such as G Canon was a bit better for me, at this time.
Another very important feature that aided in my decision was the swivel lcd screen, it's so much better and more useful than a fixed screen. IMO

I never thought I would "need" to upgrade a camera in such a short amount of time, it's been only a year or so since I got the G10 so it was a hard decision to make (money doesn't grow on trees), but I hope I'll be able to sell the G10 and get at least some money back.

P.S Any good online sites where to list the G10 for sale?
Hey your Santa Clause...I thought money did grow on trees for you. Too late now, but Henry's has a deal where they will give you a significant trade in, if you bought the camera you are trading [email protected] Henry's...within a year I think.

What about a local photo club...a camera like the G10 should be in some demand within this target group.

Also appreciate your experience with the G11. I almost bought a G10, but decided against it for the reasons you list.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote