Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:30 AM   #1

Default Help needed on 2 new problems on Canon A70!!

Hi,
I've been using my a70 for the past 6 months, now I have 2 problems with my a70! I hope somebody can help, cause I think this kinda problem is rarely happened to other A70 user!

Problem 1,

This is hard for me to explained here, anyway it's about the pictures taken with my a70 ( CHECK out the photos on my gallery, you'll understand what I try to said!)! There's once when i took the picture, and there's a lot of horizontal lines on the photos taken! Someting like the television scanlines! Every photo taken have the lines on it! Therefore, I try reset my camera setting to default setting then try to take some photos, i was happy though the problems is solved! But, after a while, the problem still exist, jus after some shot, there are some photos with the horizontal lines on it (1 or 2 photos, not all)! Does anyone have this problem? I was thinking about the DiGIC processor problems? Maybe, you all can try to check on the photos posted on my site gallery:

http://cheewooi81.fotopic.net/show_c...n.php?id=76290

Problem 2,

I think this concern about the CCD sensor or display board on the A70! When the camera was turned on (any modes), sometimes the lcd screen turned PURPLE color! I dun have any idea what it it, but I din touch anything! But after I turned it off and on again, the lcd screen returned normal again! Did anyone have any idea what's going wrong with my a70?

I was thinking of sending the A70 to Canon Service center while it still under warranty!

For the A70, I don't know whether turn off the sound will works! I've seen a lot of post regarding this problem from other forum! Most of them still unable to find any solution to this problem! Eventhough now I using A80, I had asked my locan Canon Service about the A70 and they recommend me to upgrade the firmware and see whether the problem solved! This is just advice from Canon! But according to them, the new batch of A70 doesn't have this problem!
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2003, 5:48 AM   #2

I had a similar problem with my notebook's LCD display, except that the lines were vertical, and that was caused, I believe, by damage to the cable connecting the LCD with the motherboard. No idea why anything like that could happen to a digital camera. Looks like the time to use warranty.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 12:15 AM   #3
lem

I have had similar problems -- the LCD on mine had the horizontal lines running up and down on it - and several times the LCD has gone purple/purple black and the screen has streaked lines - the photos turn out dark and streaked.

It has been to Canon 2 times - and still broken. They are finally going to let my dealer replace it/give me the credit.

Not sure what it is - but it does sound similar. I would try to return it. Or at least get it sent in while still under warranty.

Good luck!
lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 7:28 PM   #4

My A70 has the same problem. Lines throughout some pictures. I was wondering if you figured out the problem. The lines are on the pictures not the display. And some of the pictures have a pink hue to them.

It seems to have gone away on mine after about 2 days. Is it the batteries? The CF card? or the Camerai?
kentb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:56 PM   #5

same problem with my wife's A70.....funny that my G2 or the Powershot S30 never had that problem. But Canon quality is definitely an issue I have 6 Canon products, and 4 have been back to Canon for repairs.
djbango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:25 PM   #6

The problem is intermittent. It went away after two days.

I went ahead and changed the batteries and reformatted the CF card just to see if that helped, and the problem has not returned (yet).

Maybe we should do a warranty exchange, but you might get a worse camera!
kentb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:45 AM   #7

I just got the same problem with my 3 month old Canon A70. Horizontal white and dark lines on every photo, which gets worse if the photo is dark.

No idea what caused it, or how to fix it. I just hope the problem is temporary.

There isnt a Canon camera service center where I stay so I hope that it doesnt get worse.
rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:43 PM   #8

Try turning off sounds. It solved my problem, though why this just started happening I dont know...
rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 2:43 AM   #9

Oleg wrote:
Quote:
I had a similar problem with my notebook's LCD display, except that the lines were vertical, and that was caused, I believe, by damage to the cable connecting the LCD with the motherboard. No idea why anything like that could happen to a digital camera. Looks like the time to use warranty.
There is a possibilities that the cable connector in A70 losen. I also have this problem with my old laptop and it is proven that the LCD connector to the motherboard is loose! For me..if my A70 warranty is over, I might even try to open up my A70 to check! There's A70 part list from the internet! I forgotten from which forum, anyway I'l post it here when I found it! Be careful for those who wanted to open up their A70!
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:08 AM   #10

I have the same 2 problems like yours in my A70 and my brother haves a A60 bougth recently and the LCD start to show strange lines. I belive thatyou is right about the 2 problems.I tried to find a software to run a internal diaginostic in the camera. I believe that the canon have this software. The partlist of A70 I find inedonkey net and I´m still looking for the software too.

paulorcs is offline   Reply With Quote