Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 8, 2003, 12:52 AM   #1

Default How do you turn off start-up screen/music on PowerShot G2?

Love my Canon PowerShot G2, but don't know how to turn of the blue screen with the "Ta Da" music. Need to keep the camera quiet during those moments when this commercial jingle would ruin the mood. Was not able to find the answer in the manual, which is very complete. Any help would be appreciated Thanks. Bob
Bob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2003, 4:05 AM   #2

I don't know about the G2, in the A70 you keep SET button pressed when turning the camera on. The same trick might work the G2 - just a guess.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2003, 4:45 AM   #3

Oleg said: I don't know about the G2, in the A70 you keep SET button pressed when turning the camera on. The same trick might work the G2 - just a guess.

Sorry, I tried your suggestion, but it apparently doesn't work for the G2. Thanks, anyway. Bob :shock:
Bob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2003, 1:34 AM   #4

Okay...don't know about the G2 but I have the G3.

To change start up image, sound etc:
I turn the camera on (no brainer there) :P , press the "menu" button, arrow over to person w/camera image and make my changes there.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 3:04 AM   #5

Default Here's How

I went thru this with my own G2 as I found the bloody 'music' a bit too 'Mickey Soft', nevermind unnecesary, ditto the image.

Unfortunately, the G2 does not have a switchable on/off for the startup configuration! Repeat ~ does NOT!

HOWEVER, I found a very simple workaround ~ get into the habit of stowing the G2 with the LCD in the 'Closed' position, ie LCD swung closed against the body. This switches the looney-toon AND graohic 'off' ~ you soon get used to pausing for the moment it takes to start up & bypass the intro, then swing the screen around IF you need it.

HTH
brooC
BrooC is offline   Reply With Quote