Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 15, 2003, 3:28 PM   #1

Default Carry Cases

Hi I've discovered there are no posts for camera cases in here. I just bought a Canon A70 last week and am looking for a carry case for it. What do you guys recommend/use?
puneet_bhargava is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2003, 3:40 PM   #2

I'm using a non-standart case, brand name as "Case Logic". They have plenty of types for digital cams, durable and very handy. Anyhow, besides the camera, I bought everything aside, charger, case etc. which became much cheaper.
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 4:37 PM   #3

I've recently purchased a Pelican Case (hard case) after having borrowed my husbands workplace Pelican case.

It is crush proof, airtight, watertight and floats.
Inside, there is foam for which you can "pluck" out to suit your camera & gadgets.

For absalute protection, it's the way to go. In my opinion.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 9:38 PM   #4

LowePro makes some very good cases for cameras. They are much more well known for their larger carrying backpacks and bigger bags. But I believe they also make smaller ones too. They are a little expensive, but you also get more from them. Better though out designs, better padding, more comfortable to wear.

Of course, most of this applies more to the SLR based bags than the smaller ones (carrying 20 lbs of weight means you really have to worry about how it sits on your body.) So maybe it isn't worth the extra money? The advice I always give when people discuss bags is that the person should go to a store that carries many bags and try them out. A bag is a personal thing, and you should bring what you want to put into it and try it out.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Pelican case was more along the lines of a travel case. Amazingly resistant to almost anything, but not what you'd carry with you when you went to the park. Do they also make other cases/bags?

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 10:35 PM   #5

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I thought the Pelican case was more along the lines of a travel case. Amazingly resistant to almost anything, but not what you'd carry with you when you went to the park. Do they also make other cases/bags?
I'd carry mine to the park. No, it isn't something you throw over your shoulder as it only has a handle for carrying. If I went hiking, I'd put it in a backpack.

I've gone mountain climbing with a rifle over my shoulder, so a Pelican in a backpack wouldn't be a problem for me in the least bit. Perhaps a nuisance to others, though.
The drawback being, of course, no quick shooting -with the camera that is.

As for Pelican cases, they come in different sizes. Smallest being for a GPS, I do believe.

I just did a Search: http://www.caseclub.com/pelican.htm?source=overture

Apparently they make cases for cell phones & such, as well as soft sided cases.
Learn something new everyday, I do
I'm awaiting the 1400.

For me, I like the assurance of knowing my camera is absolutely protected. Hence, the Pelican being my choice of a carrying case or as you might say, "A traveling case"
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 4:00 AM   #6

I'm happy with my Digital Concepts case, don't know the model number. It's a bit bigger than the camera, but then it has enough space for the both cables, additional memory card, and even for a 6x8.5cm miniCD with the drivers. It's padded, has a shoulder strap, and costs only $10. My friend bought it for me, and I couldn't have made a better choice myself.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 3:50 AM   #7

tamrac 5691. very good for A60-80
http://www.tamrac.com/5691.htm
ranerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 4:47 PM   #8

Got an MRock Yosemite case...fits the A70 perfectly...very snugly. Can put card and extra batteries in the case too. I like it because there's no zipper - just a velcro flap so it's quick to get out and put away.
Here's a link to it at ebags:
http://www.ebags.com/search/index.cf...emite&x=7&y=16
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2004, 9:47 PM   #9

Thanks for this thread, it was just what I was going to ask
Will Rickards is offline   Reply With Quote