Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 16, 2003, 4:48 PM   #1

Default S400 close-up shot?

Can anyone show me some close-up shots that were taken with the S400? In the store I had trouble getting focus close up (then again, I didn't know any functions on the camera.. heh)

So, if anyone has links to pictures taken close-up with the S400, or can take one to show me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
KandieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2003, 4:36 PM   #2

I don't have any with me .. but if you use the macro setting for close-up shots they come in focus (I have taken quite a few for ebay use) .. just be aware of flash issues with close-ups.
el-diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:23 PM   #3

(slightly hijacking...) This is the one thing that I have had trouble with in my conversion to a digital camera - this S400 is wonderful but I can't take any decent close-ups (of my nieces and nephews with the flash using the automatic settings. The flash is just too darn bright and I get a washed out image. I am a real novice with cameras, so the manual features don't do me a lot of good yet. I'm trying to take pictures at 3-4 feet away.

Any suggestions?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:37 AM   #4

Yeah

turn off the flash is the light is strong enough around you

hehehe
Olivier12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:58 AM   #5

I improved my closeups greaty by using manual mode and turning off "AIAF", selecting ISO 50, and turning off the flash and using the expose to jack up the brightness if it's low light. Also, make sure you turn on "macro" !!! Thats what it's for in case you didn't already know. Using my S400 like this improved my macro shots 500% literally.
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazco
I improved my closeups greaty by using manual mode and turning off "AIAF", selecting ISO 50, and turning off the flash and using the expose to jack up the brightness if it's low light. Also, make sure you turn on "macro" !!! Thats what it's for in case you didn't already know. Using my S400 like this improved my macro shots 500% literally.
Ok, I suspect that is what is wrong, that I have messed up the macro mode setting. I am going out to lunch with friends on Sunday, I'll try it out on them.

Too bad they don't have a few "speed-dial" settings for saving custom manual mode settings. Or do they?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Too bad they don't have a few "speed-dial" settings for saving custom manual mode settings. Or do they?
No, they don't. But that would indeed be fantastic !
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote