Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:27 AM   #1

Default Looking for Buying Advice

Hi everyone,

I will be buying my first DSLR soon (have always been a point and shoot picture taker). I started a post on the Nikon site, because my original questions involved getting advice on the new Nikon D3100 vs. the D5000, T1i and T2i. My wife and I will be going on vacation the first week of October, and I would really like to take a new DSLR with me instead of the point and shoot.

After reading the feedback on the Nikon site, I am re-thinking my position. I started with a budget of $800 (realistic but arbitrary). The consensus was that I should choose between the T1i and the D5000 (most of our pictures will be stills, with little to no action shots, as of right now). The T2i is about $150 more than the T1i, and about $200 more than the D5000 and D3100. I may have trouble getting the D3100 in time, since it should be in the stores by 20 September, but the inventories will probably be taken quickly because of the demand.

My question to you - Do you think that the T2i is worth the extra money over the T1i and the D5000? Not just looking for immediate gratification. I want something that will be a good piece of equipment over the next few years.

Thanks,

Mike
Michael - AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:14 AM   #2

Mike-

Best to post this in the "What Camera Shall I Purchase" folder. Based on your proposal, the T-1i should work just fine. I shoot with a T-1i myself.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:42 PM   #3

Thanks for the response Sarah. I think I'm coming to the same conclusion (i.e., the T1i).

Mike
Michael - AZ is offline   Reply With Quote