Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 19, 2003, 1:06 PM   #1

Default Canon A70 - Max MB for memory?

I am barely surviving with my 16MB card.

Is there a limit for card size for this puppy?

I was thinking of a 512MB high speed (write) but, I am not sure if my camera will accept it. And I don't know if my camera is capable of fast writing.

1) Is getting two regular 256MB cards better?

2) What is everyone else running in there A70's?

Thanks in advance,
wesley
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2003, 3:06 PM   #2

I believe it should be able to take a 512MB card but, I only use a 256MB one. I get over 150 images on it and, it works fine for me.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:37 AM   #3

It wil take up to a 2 gig card. The controler is in the card, not the camera so hardware wise it can take any size card made. The limiting factor is that the camera uses the fat file system. Unless I am mistaken it uses fat 16 which can only go to 2 gig (it can go to 4 gig with windows xp which can use larger 64k clusters but I do not think most cameras can do that as it would make them incompatible with to many operating systems).
As far as ideal size, that is really relative to the user. I already had four 128mb and one 64mb from my a40 when I got the a70 so I stuck with that but later got a 256mb because it was on sale cheap. I like that If I go out shooting for a while I can just use a card and have all the photos from that outing on that card, with other blank cards for other outings. It helps with organization. It also heps as my wife and I share cards. If I had to pick one ideal size, it would be either 128mb or 256mb but that is for my usage. The 256 would be ideal for just me but the 128's help with sharing and for multiple outings where I am not shooting for a long time.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:43 PM   #4

Thanks guys. I have decided to purchase one 256MB card. And if it works out I will purchase another one on Boxing Day.

wesley
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote