Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:00 PM   #1

Default What LCD protector film for S95?

Just got a new S95... do you guys use some sort of protector film on your LCD screens? If so, is there a certain kind that is recommended?

Thanks,
Kim
Kim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:12 PM   #2

Zagg Invisible Shield... the best.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:35 PM   #3

Thanks Gary. I see that these get mixed reviews on Amazon but I'm thinking it's because people aren't installing them properly. Did you cut it to size or did you happen to find one that is already the correct size?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim. View Post
Thanks Gary. I see that these get mixed reviews on Amazon but I'm thinking it's because people aren't installing them properly. Did you cut it to size or did you happen to find one that is already the correct size?
I've done both, Kim. I have them on almost everything I own that has an LCD. If you follow the instructions to the letter they are superb.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I've done both, Kim. I have them on almost everything I own that has an LCD. If you follow the instructions to the letter they are superb.
That's good to know. Thanks! I think I'll order one and give it a try. I bet it's a little tricky getting an exact cut... but I've ordered similar covers that were supposed to be the perfect size for other items before and they weren't and I had to trim those anyway.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:01 PM   #6

I use glossy laminating sheets from AC Moore. Two 8.5x11" sheets for $3 which provides enough to cover my cameras, phones, etc.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:04 PM   #7

Thanks FiveO... I never thought about using laminating sheets. How do you get them to stick to the LCD though? Are they sticky backed? And do they peel off ok if you need them to down the road?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:25 PM   #8

I've had this Optex LCD Protector sitting around for a few weeks now and just never got around to installing it (i have a sony a550). So I did. There's enough protector for 6 lcd screens (you trim it to fit) and a couple of wet naps. a squeegee too. $10 bucks in Canada. I wouldn't bother trying to save a buck using laminate. I guess it works but...what for? (anyway what mil was your laminate FiveO?).
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:35 PM   #9

I've been using a Giottos protector on my Pentax K200D. They didn't have a specific one for my model but the 2.7" fit perfectly. Very good quality, minimal, if any ,effect on the brightness of the screen. A bit more $ but worth it in my opinion.

http://www.giottos.com/SP.htm

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
I've had this Optex LCD Protector sitting around for a few weeks now and just never got around to installing it (i have a sony a550). So I did. There's enough protector for 6 lcd screens (you trim it to fit) and a couple of wet naps. a squeegee too. $10 bucks in Canada. I wouldn't bother trying to save a buck using laminate. I guess it works but...what for? (anyway what mil was your laminate FiveO?).
Frank, how difficult was it to trim to fit? Were you able to trim it perfectly or did you undersize it a little?