Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchymalaga View Post
I see you have tried a TZ10=ZS7, How is IQ and flash ZS7 vs canon s95?
I own both as well. At ISO 80/100, there isn't much visible difference in IQ at normal print sizes. However, if you start to jack up the ISO, the S95 begins to pull ahead by quite a bit. I think the ZS7's usefulness ends at ISO 400. The S95 can go to ISO 800 and even ISO 1600 for 4x6 prints.

The flash on the S95 is at least 3x as powerful as the ZS7 and I have actually had some success shooting using it beyond the rated ~20 feet.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:22 PM   #12

Many thanks for you clear answer. I think Canon s95 is the best camera for my use.

Pocketable- Good low light photos- Good flash-
I took many social, low lights portraits with my zs3=tz7, and I didnīt obtain near satisfactory results.

Do you use RAW or jpgs?

How about video? I suppose itīs better in s95 than zs7 in low light, but do you notice the 24 fps vs 30 fps? I have checked many videos on youtube, but I think compression needed to upload the video is a great issue to make a good comparision

Thanks in advance
zchymalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:22 PM   #13

I am also interested in the video comparison as well. Since the S95 doesn't have video zoom or focus. Do you have trouble with it? Especially when kids running to and away from the camera
chumanji9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:43 PM   #14

Great series...!

I get a real kick out of number 5 in the OP...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:18 AM   #15

Around the campfire last night...No Flash...with PP...ISO800...Color Accent Orange...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:21 AM   #16

I have to Images from this morning. All taken at ISO 80 no flash in P Mode and only a bit Irfanview.

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:03 PM   #17

Those are awesome shots!...very well done...
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchymalaga View Post
I see you have tried a TZ10=ZS7, How is IQ and flash ZS7 vs canon s95?
IQ on the ZS7 is excellent with in camera adjustments made...the flash is only good for 6-8ft maximum...the ZS7 outdoors is very close in IQ to the S95if not better at Macros in good light...but as soon as the light gets marginal the S95 really shines...indoors it's no contest the S95 is hands down the better camera...although you can get some very decent shots from the ZS7 at ISO400 and lower indoors with decent lighting...
I like them both and if I am going to shoot outdoors and need a Pocket Cam the ZS7 goes with me...if going indoors or to a dinner/party, etc...the S95 goes with me...
I like to take the ZS7 hiking and use it for Macros while having the FZ35-40-100 with a TC on board for long zoom shoots...perfect combo for hiking...

You really can't beat the in camera features for creativity on the S95 , Canon really did a number there...my Wife loves the Vivid Mode and I like the Color Accent Mode...