Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 26, 2003, 10:49 PM   #1

Default S400 back side "presses in"?

Can anyone please confirm that this is a problem or tell me that maybe there is something wrong with my camera?

On the back side of the camera, in the area the thumb goes, I can push the body in slightly. It is very slight and I don't imagine would cause any long-term problems... but when taking pictures I sense it and it is somewhat annoying.

When pressing it, I do not see the outer edges move at all, so it appears to be some "bubble" in the middle or something.

Thanks!
KandieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2003, 2:38 AM   #2

Hm... maybe? If i press the back of mine, I can hear the CF door squeak a tiny bit. I don't see the casing move at all, is this what you're experiencing?

If this is it, no, it's not a problem at all. My advice would be not to squeeze it!
PacificJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:34 AM   #3

I don't SEE it press in at all.. I guess if anything, it is so minor... but yes definitely right by the CF door is where I hear/feel the pressing in the most...

It somewhat makes sense though I guess, as there is nothing behind it to keep it "straight".
KandieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 4:51 PM   #4

Default Re: S400 back side "presses in"?

A man says to his doctor, "It hurts when I press here," pointing to his side. The doctor says, "Well, don't press there!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You might try a different grip. Some photographers claim you get a steadier hold by gripping the camera along the top and bottom of the camera body with your thumb on the bottom and index/middle fingers on the top.
rodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote