Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 27, 2003, 5:14 PM   #1

Default Canon A70 problem

Ok..the camera works fine, totally nothing wrong, is saving to the compact flash card fine.

However I installed both cds of sofware to connected the camera, windows xp finds the correct model number and everything.

When I try to use the software to come in with it, or the windows xp built in software, it always says the device is busy or isnt there. (Although windows recognizes it is there in the device manager, and there isnt any error shown).. This sucks because I can't upload the images from the flash card.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause:|?
icantthinkofanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2003, 3:25 AM   #2

I wonder if this could be the USB power issue:
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=18565
Just a guess.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 7:57 AM   #3

Is this the error you're getting?

If so Canon has some info about this on their Powershot Page, here's the link:

http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/.../wiaxp600.html

I hope that helps.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 12:03 PM   #4

You can get rid of all your problems with the cables or software if you just buy a Cardreader. Its thats simple,just take the card from the camera put it the reader and go. No more cables or using the camera battery power to get your work to the pc.Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 2:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoso
Is this the error you're getting?

If so Canon has some info about this on their Powershot Page, here's the link:

http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/.../wiaxp600.html

I hope that helps.

Mark

Yes! Well.. see...that's the eror I get SOMETIMES... sometimes it says the camera isnt even connected (when it is, and the device manager sees it)..

But yea still no go.. I did order a card reader, but I would like the software to work :P
icantthinkofanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 1:25 PM   #6

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Default Re: Canon A70 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantthinkofanick
Ok..the camera works fine, totally nothing wrong, is saving to the compact flash card fine.

However I installed both cds of sofware to connected the camera, windows xp finds the correct model number and everything.

When I try to use the software to come in with it, or the windows xp built in software, it always says the device is busy or isnt there. (Although windows recognizes it is there in the device manager, and there isnt any error shown).. This sucks because I can't upload the images from the flash card.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause:|?
I seem to recall having a similar issue when I attempted to connect my A40 to my PC with Windows XP. I have since simplified matters by using a Compact Flash Card reader (about $20 from Best Buy, etc). It plugs into any USB port and is ready to use in a flash (no pun intended). Additionally, I can edit the pictures and save it back to the CF card which I can take to my local grocery store and have prints made.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 9:58 PM   #7

Default Try unplugging your printer

I had a similar issue when installing the program onto my Mother-Inlaw's XP computer. I called Canon and basically it came down to a USB power issue. She had a Printer/Scanner/copier/fax combo thing hooked up. I had to disconnect the USB cable from the combo printer (could be done at either end..ie the computer end or printer end.) then restart the computer. After the reboot the computer recognized the camera just fine and all worked well until I wanted to print, then I had to reconnect the printer and reboot again. That kinda sucked and was going to be a bitch to explain to my mother in law so I bought her a card reader and that solved the device unplugging problem. The rep at canon said their expectation is that purchasers of their cameras buy a card reader and only include the usb cable in the box for those frugal few who want to save the $25 or so that a card reader would cost. Short of being offended by this last comment I find that the card reader transfers the data much much quicker than the camera USB interface.
-Jeff
greenfieldja is offline   Reply With Quote