Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:55 PM   #1

Default S95 RAW files not reading. Update?

I tried opening the raw files in PSE8 with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

It looks like ACR5 is my latest update.

I know Aperture 2 won't open them either but how about Aperture 3?

Thanks for any help.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:56 PM   #2

Well I guess I found my answer. I'll post it for anyone else who may come across the same problem. You need update version 6.3 to read the S95 raw files and for Elements 8 the last update was 6.2.
Here's the updates from Adobe.

The Camera Raw 6.3 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS5 or versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 9.

The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 4.0 (Mac) customers is Camera Raw 3.7.

The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 4.01 (Mac) customers is Camera Raw 4.6.

The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 6.0 (Mac) is Camera Raw 5.6.

The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 8.0 (Mac) is Camera Raw 6.2.

For Photoshop Elements 9 customers, we recommend that you install Camera Raw 6.3 by selecting Updates from the Help menu and follow the on-screen dialogs to download and install the latest available Camera Raw update. You can also click the link below to download an installer that replaces the existing Camera Raw plug-in with Camera Raw 6.3 for all Elements 9 products.

Spend more money to update, that sucks.

Last edited by lomitamike; Dec 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote